Public Service Blockchain Department of Defense Leader
As a Business Sales & Delivery Executive, you will support IBM's consistent growth by bringing to the table your business development, sales, account management, and delivery skills. Picture yourself working with a highly motivated, highly successful team with a proven sales record in IBM's top technologies. If you're ready to bring insights and experience in areas such as IoT, Blockchain and digital transformation, we are ready to offer you a best in class career development.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Do you have experience working with Blockchain technology? Do you have a background in the Department of Defense? Are you self-motivated and enjoy creating opportunities and leading teams? IBM Global Business Services is looking for experienced consultants in DoD Supply Chain, DoD Financial Systems, and/or DoD Mission Capabilities who can lead efforts to establish blockchain projects within the DoD and join our innovative Public Service Blockchain practice!
- Working with DoD Business and Technical leaders to Analyze, Convene, and Build DoD Blockchain Business networks resulting in generating Proof of Technology, Proof of Concept, and Pilot Production, emerging technology projects within the DoD leveraging permissioned blockchain capabilities
- Contributing to pre-sales activities for Blockchain business opportunities and develop architected solutions for proposals
- Developing and delivering business strategy and implementation plans as well as assisting in designing complex Distributed Ledger/Blockchain technology applications
- Conceptualizing and developing relevant use cases, proof-of-concepts (POC), proof-of-value (POV)
- Building Client Relationships and providing leadership and project management support for existing PoCs and converting opportunities to move into production pilots
- Ass isting Public Sector Blockchain Leader in overall practice management, planning, and strategy
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- At least 1 year of experience managing Blockchain Technology applications or proof-of-concepts (POCs) using Hyperledger Fabric, Ethereum Solidity, or other proprietary language or APIs.
- At least 3 years of experience in presales activities such as proposal writing, demonstrations and client presentations.
- At least 3 years of experience managing or architecting solutions in financial services or supply chain/asset management.
- At least 3 years of experience managing, architecting, or developing applications using cloud based platforms/micro-services for capital markets/investment banking and/or supply chain/asset management.
- At least 5 years of experience working for a management consulting company or a leading bank or insurance firm .
- DoD Secret or Higher Active Clearance
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Public Sector experience with a good understanding of Federal and SLED (State & Local and Higher Education) clients and their challenges and where blockchain may perform a role.
- DoD experience.
- PMP or other PM experience.
- Experience in SCRUM or other rapid Agile prototyping.
About Business Unit
The Public Service Sector consulting practice is a trusted advisor to federal, state and local governments, partnering to meet challenges and responding quickly to citizen demands, business needs, new economic conditions, and changing legislative priorities and policies.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top