IBM Global Business Services (GBS) helps our clients fundamentally redesign experiences to create new sources of value, digitally reinvent their operations for great efficiency and transform their entire enterprises through cognitive. We invite you to consider joining IBM's global reach, outcome-focused methodologies, domain skills and deep industry expertise that are helping transform the way we live and work.
IBM's state-of-the-art Client Innovation Centre (CIC) opened in Nova Scotia in March 2013 and is the first of its kind in Canada. The Centre weaves together IBM's business insights and industry-leading software portfolio and is ideally suited for any client that needs flexible access to emerging or niche skills that may not be cost effective to grow internally. In addition, our focus on our team is unparalleled as demonstrated by the following:
As an IBMer, you can change the way the world works.
Join IBM and be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers-people who want to make an impact, cultivate their expertise and collaborate with some of the world's top business and technology professionals.
Network in an open, friendly and flexible work environment where diversity is embraced and new, creative ways of thinking are encouraged and supported. There is no better place to launch or further your career.
IBM seeks to hire a Proposal Manager.
- Business Analysis experience
- Information technology background desired
- Review the detailed Request requirements in the Request for Service (RFS) and obtain additional requirement details if necessary. Review each new and re-issued RFS to determine the Delivery Towers required to solution this RFS.
- Request Client approval of requirements or rework if required (the Proposal Manager prime but works in conjunction with the Solution Architect).
- Receive the solution design and labor cost case from the integrator / Solution Architect and engage solutioning team for initial effort estimate.
- Launch solutioning of the RFS Proposal with the proposal team.
- Develop and complete the proposal.
- Perform quality assurance as necessary. Contract and Negotiations (C&N) if a solution will impact the Contract. Obtain the price for the solution using Pricing template/tool.
- Finalize the proposal Response document and update the RFS Tool. Post all RFS proposal documents listed on the Proposal Manager Checklist in RFS Tool.
- Upon completing the Proposal submit final proposal to RFS Administrator for Bid Release.
- Coordinate and ensure that risk management is completed; Obtain internal approvals.
- Contact C&N if a solution will impact the Contract; Ensure Bid Release Letter is in place.
- Update the RFS Tool on a regular basis; Post all RFS proposal documents listed on the Proposal Manager Checklist in RFS Tool.
- Communication with the client on a regular basis
- Ready to work fixable hours
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Professional communication skills; organization skills; attention to detail; minimum 7 years Project Management infrastructure knowledge/experience; PMP Certification a must.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top