Promontory Senior Principal
As a Strategy Consultant at IBM, you will help reinvent businesses and industries by developing and utilizing specialized knowledge of industry-specific and cross-industry competitive strategies. You'll manage complex components of an engagement, working closely with clients and their customers to understand their pain points. Your strategic recommendations will drive change in a digitally-enabled era and give you the opportunity to collaborate with highly talented IBMers. Are you ready?
Your Role and Responsibilities
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ability to interact comfortably with Executive Management and Board Members of clients and regulatory authorities generally with a Managing Director.
• Manage engagement teams and strong demonstrated ability to work with clients to include assessing client's needs.
• Expected to manage projects to client satisfaction by adding value to clients.
• Ensure projects are delivered to budget thus adding value to the Firm.
• Oversee project deliverables and deliver as an individual contributor where expected.
• Travel as required to client sites in Northern Europe and internationally. Time spent traveling is at least 30 percent.
• Performs additional duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Demonstrated leadership skills.
• Superior writing and editing skills with the ability to construct well-founded, clear, and concise analyses and recommendations.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to lead and manage day to day aspects of engagement activities and an ability to work with clients
• Strong analytical skills.
• Ability to handle complex information, solve problems, and manage multiple tasks.
• Ability to communicate effectively with clients and within all levels of the organization.
• Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships and build teams.
• Strong reputation for integrity and ethics.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Professional with a minimum of 8-10 years of financial, banking, or regulatory experience or 6-8 years in a top tier consultancy with financial services experience
• Technical expertise and experience in compliance, risk management, corporate governance, accounting, or legal or regulatory issues, finance, lending, trading and/or other financial services core competencies.
• Track record working in an unstructured environment where engagement leaders are expected to identify and develop innovative solutions to client challenges.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
MBA, PhD, JD or equivalent is preferred
About Business Unit
IBM Industry Platforms provides a range of strategic technologies to remove much of the cost and complexity of delivering core business functions. By delivering artificial intelligence, analytics, security, blockchain and cloud technology as a service, and in a complete platform tailored to the needs of each industry, IBM helps clients become more customer-centric, balance costs and mitigate risk.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top