Promontory Principal (m/f/x)
IBM's Industry Consultants are essential to our clients as they work to reinvent themselves for the future. Join our highly visible and highly skilled team of global consultants as we strive to accelerate sales, deliver client engagements, and build IBM's market eminence. If you are a forward-thinker and a curious intellectual, we welcome you to apply for your next exciting career challenge!
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Principal you will work with a multi-disciplinary team helping banks and other financial institutions create strategic plans, business plans, and financial forecasts; structure and analyze mergers and acquisitions; and launch or restructure business lines.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Create and refine complex financial projection models including functionality as detailed regulatory capital calculations, interest rate and liquidity stress tests and granular growth and expense assumptions.
- Leveraging SNL and other tools, you will research and analyze banks and other financial institutions to identify acquirer/target identifications, evaluation of financial health and future prospects and merger modeling.
- Interact with Executive Management and Board Members of clients and regulatory authorities in partnership with a Managing Director
- Manage engagement teams and strong demonstrated ability to work with clients to include assessing client's needs.
- Expected to manage projects to client satisfaction by adding value to clients.
- Ensure projects are delivered to budget thus adding value to the Firm.
- Oversee project deliverables and deliver as an individual contributor where expected.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Superior writing and editing skills with the ability to construct well-founded, clear, and concise analyses and recommendations.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to lead and manage day to day aspects of engagement activities and an ability to work with clients
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to handle complex information, solve problems, and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and within all levels of the organization.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships and build teams.
- Strong reputation for integrity and ethics.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Undergraduate degree is required.
- At least 8 years of experience banking, financial services industry or government regulatory agency.
- Technical expertise and experience in compliance, risk management, corporate governance, accounting, or legal or regulatory issues, finance, lending, trading and/or other financial services core competencies.
- Demonstrated experience in building and managing project teams to address complex issues in high pressure situations.
- Track record working in an unstructured environment where engagement leaders are expected to identify and develop innovative solutions to client challenge
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Graduate degree MBA, PhD, JD .
About Business Unit
IBM Industry Platforms provides a range of strategic technologies to remove much of the cost and complexity of delivering core business functions. By delivering artificial intelligence, analytics, security, blockchain and cloud technology as a service, and in a complete platform tailored to the needs of each industry, IBM helps clients become more customer-centric, balance costs and mitigate risk.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top