- Copenhagen, Denmark
As a Strategy Consultant at IBM, you will help reinvent businesses and industries by developing and utilizing specialized knowledge of industry-specific and cross-industry competitive strategies. You'll manage complex components of an engagement, working closely with clients and their customers to understand their pain points. Your strategic recommendations will drive change in a digitally-enabled era and give you the opportunity to collaborate with highly talented IBMers. Are you ready?
Your Role and Responsibilities
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ability to interact comfortably with Executive Management and Board Members of clients and regulatory authorities generally with a Director or Managing Director.
• Act as client's point of contact for engagement delivery on a daily basis.
• Play a hands-on role in business development, such as by helping to draft proposals and participating in meetings with current or potential clients.
• Travel as required to client sites in Northern Europe and internationally. Time spent traveling is at least 30 percent.
• Performs additional duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Superior writing and editing skills with the ability to construct well-founded, clear, and concise analyses and recommendations.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to lead and manage day to day aspects of engagement activities and an ability to work with clients.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Ability to handle complex information, solve problems, and manage multiple tasks.
• Ability to communicate effectively with clients and within all levels of the organization.
• Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships and build teams.
• Strong reputation for integrity and ethics.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Professional with a minimum of 7-8 years of financial, banking, or regulatory experience or 4-6 years in a top tier consulting firm.
• Technical expertise and experience in compliance, risk management, corporate governance, accounting, or legal or regulatory issues, finance, lending, trading and/or other financial services core competencies.
• Demonstrated experience in building and managing project teams to address complex issues in high pressure situations.
• Track record working in an unstructured environment where engagement leaders are expected to identify and develop innovative solutions to client challenge
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• MBA, JD or equivalent experience is preferred.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top