Promontory Director (m/f/x)
Promontory Financial Group, an IBM Company is the premier consulting firm for financial services companies worldwide. Our senior professionals have served as partners of top law firms and leaders of financial regulators and global financial institutions, including positions such as general counsel or chief legal officer. Unlike many law and consulting firms, we focus upon a single core competency: mastery of U.S. and global financial regulation. In this arena, our professionals offer a unique blend of legal, regulatory, and management expertise, and we are generally engaged by the board or senior executives of leading financial institutions to assist with their most pressing, sensitive, and complex assignments.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Roles and Responsibilities
As a Director you will work with a multi-disciplinary team helping banks and other financial institutions craft strategic plans, develop business plans, and create financial forecasts. In this role you will also structure and analyze mergers and acquisitions; and launch or restructure business divisions. You will create and refine complex financial projection models including functionality as detailed regulatory capital calculations, interest rate and liquidity stress tests and granular growth and expense assumptions. You will research and analyze the financial industry to identify acquire/target identifications, evaluations of financial health and future prospects and merger modeling.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
• Interact comfortably with Chairman, CEO, COO, and other executives and Board members of clients and regulatory authorities, generally with a Managing Director present.
• Act as Promontory's client point of contact for engagement delivery with Managing Director guidance.
• Identify new business opportunities with existing and/or new clients and generate business.
• Lead engagement teams and strong proven ability to work with clients to include assessing the client's needs.
• Expected to lead projects to client satisfaction by adding value to clients.
• Ensure projects are delivered to budget thus adding value to the Firm.
• Oversee project deliverables and deliver as an individual contributor where expected.
• Travel as required to client sites in Europe and internationally.
• Time spent traveling is at least 50 percent.
• Performs additional duties as assigned
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Senior professional with a minimum of 10 years of experience including a senior-level position in a financial institution(s), consulting/accounting/law firm(s), and/or government agency.
- Technical expertise and experience in compliance, risk management, corporate governance, accounting, or legal or regulatory issues, finance, lending, trading and/or other financial services skills.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- MBA, PhD, JD or equivalent is preferred.
- ACAMS Certification a strong plus
- Track record working in an unstructured environment where engagement leaders are expected to identify and develop innovative solutions to client challenges
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Superior writing and editing skills with the ability to construct well-founded, clear, and concise analyses and recommendations.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to lead and run day to day aspects of engagement activities and an ability to work with clients.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to handle complex information, solve problems, and lead multiple tasks.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and within all levels of the organization.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships and form teams.
- Strong reputation for integrity and ethics.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top