- New York, NY
IBM's Industry Consultants are essential to our clients as they work to reinvent themselves for the future. Join our highly visible and highly skilled team of global consultants as we strive to accelerate sales, deliver client engagements, and build IBM's market eminence. If you are a forward-thinker and a curious intellectual, we welcome you to apply for your next exciting career challenge!
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Interact comfortably with Chairman, CEO, COO, and other executives and Board members of clients and regulatory authorities.
- Act as Promontory's client point of contact for engagement delivery with Managing Director guidance.
- Identify new business opportunities with existing and/or new clients and generate business.
- Manage engagement teams and strong demonstrated ability to work with clients to include assessing the client's needs.
- Expected to manage projects to client satisfaction by adding value through services provided.
- Ensure projects are delivered to budget thus adding value to the Firm.
- Oversee project deliverables and deliver as an individual contributor where expected.
- Travel as required to client sites in the United States and internationally.
- Time spent traveling is at least 30 percent.
- Performs additional duties as assigned such as public speaking engagements, thought leadership, marketing materials, etc.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Superior writing and editing skills with the ability to construct clear and concise analyses and recommendations.
- Ability to lead and manage day to day aspects of engagement activities and an ability to work with clients.
- Ability to handle complex information, solve problems, and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and within all levels of the organization.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships and build teams.
- Senior professional with 10+ years of experience to include a senior-level position in a financial institution(s), consulting/accounting/law firm(s), and/or government agency.
- Technical expertise and experience in compliance, risk management, corporate governance, accounting, or legal and regulatory issues, finance, lending, trading and/or other financial services core competencies.
- Track record identifying and developing innovative solutions to client challenges.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top