Promontory Associate (m/f/x)
As an Associate, you will have a unique hands-on experience in business development, client work, and other projects. You will be challenged to develop your knowledge in our areas of expertise and our client's business issues while building your skills in communications, problem solving, and consulting. Associates are responsible for providing advice and counsel to clients, including with respect to governance, regulatory requirements, and strategic decisions.
Your Role and Responsibilities
• Analyze legal or regulatory requirements, including as developed through administrative or judicial proceedings.
• Review and analyze client written materials, such as policies, procedures, and governance artifacts. Assist in drafting and revising client deliverables-including reports, correspondence, presentations, and written tools such as policies and templates.
• Conduct onsite privacy and security risk assessments which include reviewing all aspects of an information security program (policies, procedures, administrative and technical controls, security tools and software)
• Play a hands-on role in business development, such as by helping to draft proposals and participating in meetings with current or potential clients.
• Participate in client meetings, such as interviews or presentations, which often include senior executives or directors of the client.
• Monitor and prepare reports on global regulatory developments.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Basic experience within banking, financial services industry or government regulatory agency
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong analytical skills
• Superior writing and editing skills with the ability to construct well-founded, clear, and concise analyses and recommendations
• Ability to handle complex information, solve problems, and manage multiple tasks
• Ability to communicate effectively with clients and within all levels of the organization
• Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships and build teams
• Strong reputation for integrity and ethics
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Graduate degree (Bachelor / Master)
About Business Unit
Promontory Financial Group, an IBM Company, is the premier consulting firm for financial services companies worldwide. Our senior professionals have served as partners of top law firms and leaders of financial regulators and global financial institutions, including positions such as general counsel or chief legal officer. Unlike many law and consulting firms, we focus upon a single core competency: mastery of U.S. and global financial regulation. In this arena, our professionals offer a unique blend of legal, regulatory, and management expertise, and we are generally engaged by the board or senior executives of leading financial institutions to assist with their most pressing, sensitive, and complex assignments.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top