As a Strategy Consultant at IBM, you will help reinvent businesses and industries by developing and utilizing specialized knowledge of industry-specific and cross-industry competitive strategies. You'll manage complex components of an engagement, working closely with clients and their customers to understand their pain points. Your strategic recommendations will drive change in a digitally-enabled era and give you the opportunity to collaborate with highly talented IBMers. Are you ready?
Your Role and Responsibilities
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Analyze legal or regulatory requirements, including as developed through administrative or judicial proceedings.
• Review and analyze client written materials, such as policies, procedures, and governance artifacts. Assist in drafting and revising client deliverables-including reports, correspondence, presentations, and written tools such as policies and templates.
• Play a hands-on role in business development, such as by helping to draft proposals and participating in meetings with current or potential clients.
• Participate in client meetings, such as interviews or presentations, which often include senior executives or directors of the client.
• Monitor and prepare reports on Europe and global financial regulatory developments.
• As needed, assist the Office of the General Counsel with legal research and writing.
• Travel as required to client sites in the Netherlands and internationally. Time spent traveling ranges from 10% to 75%, depending upon the project.
• Performs additional duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Superior writing and editing skills with the ability to construct well-founded, clear, and concise analyses and recommendations.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Ability to handle complex information, solve problems, and manage multiple tasks.
• Ability to communicate effectively with clients and within all levels of the organization.
• Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships and build teams.
• Strong reputation for integrity and ethics.
• MBA, JD or equivalent experience in related field, such as economics, finance, accounting, government and mathematics preferred.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• At least 3 years of experience in banking, financial services industry or government regulatory agency.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Industry Platforms provides a range of strategic technologies to remove much of the cost and complexity of delivering core business functions. By delivering artificial intelligence, analytics, security, blockchain and cloud technology as a service, and in a complete platform tailored to the needs of each industry, IBM helps clients become more customer-centric, balance costs and mitigate risk.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top