As a Strategy Consultant at IBM, you will help reinvent businesses and industries by developing and utilizing specialized knowledge of industry-specific and cross-industry competitive strategies. You'll manage complex components of an engagement, working closely with clients and their customers to understand their pain points. Your strategic recommendations will drive change in a digitally-enabled era and give you the opportunity to collaborate with highly talented IBMers. Are you ready?
Promontory, an IBM company is a premier strategic, compliance and risk consulting firm for companies worldwide. Our senior professionals have served as partners of top law firms and leaders of regulators and global organisations, including positions such as general counsel or chief legal officer. Our professionals offer a unique blend of legal, regulatory, and management expertise, and we are frequently engaged by the board or senior executives of leading organisations to assist with their most pressing, sensitive, and complex assignments. With Promontory and IBM offices located around the world we are able to serve clients wherever their needs arise.
Eugene A. Ludwig, former U.S. Comptroller of the Currency and former Vice Chairman of Bankers Trust/Deutsche Bank, founded Promontory in 2001. We have more than 300 professional employees, including many individuals who have held some of the most senior positions in leading regulatory agencies around the world.
We are seeking additional Associates. These roles offer bright and ambitious individuals an excellent opportunity to develop their careers and build expertise in privacy and data protection. The individuals selected for these positions will work directly with the most senior staff in the firm on a wide range of issues and clients, including potentially on projects in Promontory's overseas offices.
IBM offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, pension, paid time off, and more.
The Promontory team is diverse, talented and passionate about its work. We would like to attract applicants who are equally passionate and enthusiastic about privacy and data protection. As part of the privacy practice, you will work within a team of senior industry figures and experienced professionals, including former officials, regulators and privacy professionals. You will be intellectually challenged and will play a role in how privacy evolves in our increasingly digital world.
As an Associate, you will have a unique hands-on experience in client work, business development, and other projects. You will be challenged to develop your knowledge in our areas of expertise and our client's business issues while building your skills in communications, problem solving, and consulting. Associates are responsible for providing advice and counsel to clients, including with respect to governance, regulatory requirements, and strategic decisions.
Your Role and Responsibilities
• Work with teams addressing complex compliance and risk management challenges relating to data privacy, data protection and information risk management.
• Research and analyze legal or regulatory requirements, including as developed through administrative or judicial proceedings.
• Participate in compliance and risk assessments including privacy impact assessments
• Assist in the review, classification and mapping of client data processing and data flows
• Review and analyze client written materials, such as policies, procedures, and governance artifacts. Assist in drafting and revising client deliverables-including reports, correspondence, presentations, and written tools such as policies and templates.
• Play a hands-on role in business development, such as by helping to draft proposals and participating in meetings with current or potential clients.
• Participate in client meetings, such as interviews or presentations, which often include senior executives or directors of the client.
• Monitor and prepare reports on global regulatory developments.
• Work with Promontory senior management and project teams to design, develop, implement and assist privacy services based on clients' requirements
• Travel as required to client sites in the United Kingdom and internationally. Time spent traveling ranges from 10% to 75%, depending upon the project.
• Performs additional duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Superior writing and editing skills with the ability to construct well-founded, clear, and concise analyses and recommendations.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Ability to handle complex information, solve problems, and manage multiple tasks.
• Ability to communicate effectively with clients and within all levels of the organization.
• Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships and build teams.
• Strong reputation for integrity and ethics.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Previous experience relating to data privacy, information/cyber security and information risk matters.
• Bachelor's degree; or
• Professional qualifications such as CIPP/CISSP/PRINCE 2
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Industry Platforms provides a range of strategic technologies to remove much of the cost and complexity of delivering core business functions. By delivering artificial intelligence, analytics, security, blockchain and cloud technology as a service, and in a complete platform tailored to the needs of each industry, IBM helps clients become more customer-centric, balance costs and mitigate risk.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top