As an Associate, you will have a unique hands-on experience in business development, client work, and other projects. You will be challenged to develop your knowledge in our areas of expertise and our client's business issues while building your skills in communications, problem solving, and consulting. Associates are responsible for providing advice and counsel to clients, including with respect to governance, regulatory requirements, and strategic decisions.
Your Role and Responsibilities
• Work with teams addressing complex compliance and risk management challenges relating to data privacy, information/cyber security and information risk.
• Analyze legal or regulatory requirements, including as developed through administrative or judicial proceedings.
• Review and analyze client written materials, such as policies, procedures, and governance artifacts. Assist in drafting and revising client deliverables-including reports, correspondence, presentations, and written tools such as policies and templates.
• Conduct onsite privacy and security risk assessments which include reviewing all aspects of an information security program (policies, procedures, administrative and technical controls, security tools and software)
• Play a hands-on role in business development, such as by helping to draft proposals and participating in meetings with current or potential clients.
• Participate in client meetings, such as interviews or presentations, which often include senior executives or directors of the client.
• Monitor and prepare reports on global regulatory developments.
• Travel as required to client sites in the United States and internationally. Time spent traveling ranges from 10% to 75%, depending upon the project.
• Performs additional duties as assigned
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Bachelor's degree.
• Experience performing information security compliance reviews and/or audits
• Proficient in information security control frameworks like FFIEC, NIST, and ISO 27000
• Previous experience relating to data privacy, information/cyber security and information risk matters.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Superior writing and editing skills with the ability to construct well-founded, clear, and concise analyses and recommendations.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Certifications (prefer one of the following): CISA, CISSP, CISM, CIPP
• Ability to handle complex information, solve problems, and manage multiple tasks.
• Ability to communicate effectively with clients and within all levels of the organization.
• Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships and build teams.
• Ability to work independently
• Strong reputation for integrity and ethics.
About Business Unit
Promontory Financial Group, an IBM Company, excels at helping clients resolve critical issues, particularly those with a regulatory dimension. Promontory professionals have unparalleled regulatory experience and insight, and provide our clients with frank, proactive advice informed by best practices and regulatory expectations. Promontory is a leading strategy, risk management, and regulatory-compliance consulting firm focusing on the financial services industry. Our professionals, with deep expertise gained through decades of leadership at regulatory bodies and Fortune 100 corporations, help entities understand and implement global and national financial services regulation.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top