- New York, NY
IBM's Industry Consultants are essential to our clients as they work to reinvent themselves for the future. Join our highly visible and highly skilled team of global consultants as we strive to accelerate sales, deliver client engagements, and build IBM's market eminence. If you are a forward-thinker and a curious intellectual, we welcome you to apply for your next exciting career challenge!
Your Role and Responsibilities
As an Analyst, you will have a unique hands-on experience in business development, client work, and other projects. You will be challenged to develop your knowledge in our areas of expertise and our client's business issues while building your skills in communications, problem solving, and consulting. Analysts provide support and research to projects involving strategic qualitative analysis and financial quantitative analysis.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Gather, analyze, and interpret data related to the scope of the project.
- Prepare presentations and participate in crafting other documents for the project team and client.
- Participate in interviews of financial executives, corporate directors, and regulators.
- Assist with project planning, team organization, and coordination.
- Participate in business development and in the client strategic planning processes.
- Analyze legal or regulatory requirements, including as developed through administrative or judicial proceedings.
- Review and analyze client written materials, such as policies, procedures, and governance artifacts.
- Monitor and prepare reports on U.S. and global financial regulatory developments.
- As needed, assist the Office of the General Counsel with legal research and writing.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, such as economics, finance, accounting, government, or mathematics.
- At least 3 months of experience, full time or as an Intern, with organizations focusing mainly on legal, financial, or regulatory matters.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Superior writing and editing skills with the ability to construct well-founded, clear, and concise analyses and recommendations.
- Ability to handle complex information, solve problems, and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and within all levels of the organization.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships and build teams.
- Strong reputation for integrity and ethics.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Graduate degree (MBA) or JD.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top