Project Manager- IBM Ballarat
Project Manager- IBM Ballarat
IBM is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, serving clients in 170 countries. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We are changing how we create. How we collaborate. How we analyse. How we engage. IBM is a leader in this global transformation so there is no better place to launch your career.
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge. We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
The Project Manager is responsible for leading one or more project teams delivering a solution to the customer using the appropriate business measurements and terms and conditions for the project according to the project charter, project agreement or contract.
Desired Attributes and Skills:
- A passion for technology and business.
- The ability to understand and assimilate different points of view.
- A love of working with people in a team-focused environment.
- Have prior exposure AGILE methodologies.
- Natural leadership skills and the ability to thrive in a collaborative culture.
- The willingness to take ownership of challenging tasks, even beyond your initial scope of responsibility.
- The flexibility to travel to client locations
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 6 years project management experience with at least 3 years in IT
- Good analytical and strategy skills
- Must have broad knowledge of development life cycle.
- Good in depth and all-round knowledge of Telecommunication industry
- Ability to gain confidence with the customer
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to influence at multiple levels
Key Responsibilities :
- Manage the scope, cost, schedule, scope, and contractual performance deliverables
- Apply techniques for planning, tracking, change control, and risk management
- Manage all project resources, including IBM, customer, and subcontractors
- Establish an effective communication plan with the project team and the customer
- Provide day-to-day direction to the project teams
- Provide regular project status updates to the customer
- Provide regular project status updates to IBM management
- Develop and maintain the project plan
- Timely and accurate project(s) progress & issues
- Provide guidance on strategies, requirements specifications, and functional specifications, which meet customer requirements and project standards
- Facilitate development of the application architecture, technology selection and detail application specifications
- Manage and maintain development of the project plan
- Closely work with other FICM teams to ensure tight alignment of objectives and expectations.
- Manage ISV and IBM teams to ensure that the developed solution matches the required solution
- Define and monitor issues, dependencies, risks and risk mitigation strategies
- Monitor and assesses the quality of the deliverables
- Facilitate development of reuse opportunities
- Provide feedback on methodology improvement/customization and share new tools to enhance processes
- Facilitate sharing best practices, with documentation of best practices and lessons learned
- Provide overall guidance to teams under direction.
- Be an Australian citizen
- Been resident in Australia for the past 5 years (i.e., can't have moved to Australia only 4 or 4.5 years ago)
- Not spent greater than 12 months cumulative out of Australia during the past 5 years
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top