Project Manager Cloud Modernization
IBM's Cloud Application Migration Services (CAMS) Service Line is focused on supporting clients on their Cloud journey.
- It encompasses Advisory, Cloud native development, App portfolio migration and modernisation, Big Data, and Security services.
- It supports all public / private / hybrid Cloud deployments: IBM Bluemix / SoftLayer, AWS, Azure, Google, and client private.
- It has the best Cloud developer, architect, Complex SI, Sys Ops, and delivery talent delivered through our GEO/CIC Factory model.
As a member of our Migration Practice you will:
- Lead a project team in delivering a solution to the Client using the appropriate business measurements and terms and conditions for the project according to the project charter, project agreement or contract.
- Responsible for overall performance responsibility for managing scope, cost, schedule, and contractual deliverables, which includes applying techniques for planning, tracking, change control, and risk management.
- Responsible for managing all project resources, including subcontractors, and for establishing an effective communication plan with the project team and the Client.
- Provide day to day direction to the project team and regular project status to the Client.
- Lead project through newer project management techniques and approach like Design thinking, Agile delivery model, Continuous modernization.
- Lead migration/modernization delivery team and interface with Complex PM, Client PM and other stakeholders of the ecosystems (incumbent vendor, software service provider, 3rd party vendors and other modernization business partners).
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Demonstrable experience of migration projects .
- Strong problem-solving skills - the ability to overcome day-to-day issues in pursuit of the end goal.
- First-class communication skills - an ability to engage persuasively with senior stakeholders both inside IBM and with clients.
- Excellent team-working skills.
- Experience with public / private / hybrid Cloud deployments: AWS, Azure, IBM Bluemix / SoftLayer, Google, and client private.
- Experience with data centres, consolidation, relocation, migration, or virtualization projects.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top