Project Manager, Cloud Migration
IBM Global Business Services: Join a Leader. Consult with us.
IBM Global Business Services has more than 60,000 professionals in over 50 countries worldwide. With a strong focus on results, we enable clients to leverage technology and information to improve performance and create sustainable competitive advantages. We will deliver innovative business consulting, business process design, systems integration, and application design and management to leading sector organizations in 17 industries worldwide. With access to resources that only a global leader can provide, you will learn valuable skills, gain access to a vast and diverse network of talented professionals, and enjoy unparalleled career, training, and educational opportunities. We are proud of our talented team, our respected reputation, and our outstanding results.
The Project Manager, Cloud Migration is responsible for leading a project team in the migration of an application or set of applications using the appropriate business measurements and terms and conditions for the project per the project charter, project agreement or contract. This includes the Application Services aspects of Service Delivery/Service Management. They have overall performance responsibility for managing scope, cost, schedule, and contractual deliverables, which includes applying techniques for planning, tracking, change control, and risk management. They are responsible for managing all project resources, including subcontractors, and for establishing an effective communication plan with the project team and the client. They provide day to day direction to the project team and regular project status to the client.
The Project Manager, Cloud Migration will be involved in end to end project management activities that includes but is not limited to project initiation, orchestration, planning, execution, reporting, and wrap-up.
- Review the SOW and the contractual responsibilities of IBM and the Client;
- Serve as the point of contact to during the execution of the SOW;
- Coordinate the establishment of the project management environment, including reporting tools, monthly reports and governance/ communication protocols;
- Review project tasks, schedules, and resources and make changes or additions, as appropriate;
- Measure and evaluate progress against IBM project plans, if applicable, with the Client Service Delivery Manager;
- Monitor and manage all SLAs so no penalties are incurred;
- Manage documentation and procedural standards for deliverable Materials;
- Contribute to the Project Change Control Procedure in conjunction with the Client Service Delivery Manager;
- Perform problem management, and maintain and communicate escalation procedures;
- Maintain project communications through the Client Service Delivery Manager;
- Conduct regular monthly status meetings with the Client Service Delivery Manager;
- Create and deliver monthly status reports;
- Resolve deviations in the SOW in conjunction with IBM Account Management and the Client Service Delivery Manager;
- Coordinate and manage the in-scope activities of IBM Support Personnel.
*Government Security Clearance required.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years' industry experience;
- Prior experience in platform migration projects specifically for applications/DBs installed on AIX/Linux/Solaris platform.;
- Experience working with executive stakeholders & third parties. Strong project management and business analyst skills;
- Experience with operational services delivery for a support environment;
- Mandatory Project Manager experience of at least 5 years, which would include:
- managing resources, scope, prioritization, and work plan
- managing project risks and issues
- Strong client relationship management;
- Strong skills in oral and written communication and ability to work independently and within teams;
- Experience managing remote/offshore teams;
- Proven ability to manage customers and relationships;
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills working with project teams and clients;
- Ability to work closely with process owners and other key stakeholders to communicate the progress of projects;
- Large team management experience.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- 8+ years' industry experience,
- Cloud Migration experience
- PMP Certification,
- MS project,
- MS Office,
- Lotus Notes.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top