Project Manager - Cloud Migration
IBM is at the forefront of Cloud Migration and is the leader in the Hybrid Cloud market . With virtually all clients expected to adopt some form of cloud strategy, the opportunity for personal growth and success in this role is high as IBM continues to reinvent itself as it focuses on client's IT needs that solve real business problems.
We are creating a Cloud Migration Factory across our Infrastructure Services portfolio to manage all our cloud and non-cloud migrations in one global team using repeatable methods, processes and tools that can be leveraged to support our clients in their transformational migration journey to the cloud. Our capabilities support the entire cloud adoption journey with an emphasis on 'Migrate to Cloud'.
Joining IBM's Cloud Migration team is an opportunity to grow your talents and challenge yourself as IBM continues to transform in the hottest industry sector today.
Shared Services Migration Architect is responsible for the design of the migration target's Shared Services environment. They are also responsible for the migration strategy for each shared service. Shared Services include technology components such as, Active Directory and LDAP, DNS, NTP, Systems Management & Monitoring tools, workload scheduling, patch management, compliance checking, as examples. For Cloud migrations, consider Shared Services that will be required at each data center and cloud target, and if these will be provided by extending the service from a central location or built at each of the target sites.
- Design and build reusable solutions that can be implemented to migrate the most common shared services. Leverage available content, standards and best practices provided by delivery service lines.
- Create the design for each shared service component.
- Peer review designs and obtain TDA approval
- Engage and manage third parties to produce delegated designs.
Nature and Scope of responsibility you should have hanadled in the past;
- Large data center transformation and IT infrastructure design and architecture covering IT tools, access authentication technologies, Compute/Servers, Virtualization and Storage architectures.
- Experience in migrating systems and applications.
- Prepare Solution Design documents for chosen tools
Attractive compensation and benefits
Recommend-a-Friend - get a bonus in the employee referral program
Contribution to pension plan
Special IBM discounts
• YOUR LIFE & HEALTH
Private Health insurance (Medicover)
Life InsuranceInternational environment
Travel /Commuting support
Become part of our diverse and multinational community and collaborate within global and local teams
• YOUR DEVELOPMENT
Long term career development and possibility of internal rotation
Training programs - classroom based training and 5000 e-learning course
Benefit from mentoring and coaching
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- TOGAF certification or similar
- Prior experience of at least 5-15 years as IT architect, and should have involved in tool deployments and application/Data center migration programs
- Experience in migrating workload, designing the tooling & infrastructure required
- Knowledge of migration, and working experience with VMware and Vmware migration technologies
- Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Exposure to Migration tools like RackWare, Double-Take, AppZero, Platespin, VMWare VMotion, SRM etc.
- Scripting knowledge (Powershell/Shell-scripting/Perl etc)
- Candidate should be willing to travel to client locations as per the requirements
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top