This role is responsible for leading a project team in delivering a solution to the customer using the appropriate business measurements and terms and conditions for the project according to the project charter, project agreement or contract. They have overall performance responsibility for managing scope, cost, schedule, and contractual deliverables, which includes applying techniques for planning, tracking, change control, and risk management. They are responsible for managing all project resources, including subcontractors, and for establishing an effective communication plan with the project team and the customer. They provide day to day direction to the project team and regular project status to the customer. The employee focuses on individual/team objectives and development of professional effectiveness.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Skills: Projects control, leadership, negotiation, good communication skills, knowledge of IT industry.
- Professional knowledge related to incumbent's position, team, and department. Requires ability to absorb professional knowledge quickly and develop skills.
- Draw upon professional concepts to collaborate with others to carry out assigned duties. Negotiation is required.
- Recognize job-related problems. Analyze causes using existing techniques or tools, prepare and recommend solution alternatives. Challenge the validity of given procedures and processes with the intent to enhance and improve.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience: At least 5 years as Project Manager or similar roles
- Contribution/Leadership: In charge of various teams at the same time, high skills for leadership.
- Works on professional projects; work is often reviewed for developmental purposes.
- Understand the standard mission of the professional group and vision in own area of competence. May directly influence people in own project. Position may require coordination of activities of less experienced or less knowledgeable team members.
- Accountable for individual or team results. May contribute by supporting activities that are subject to business measurements, impact customer
- Satisfaction or impact immediate costs or expenses.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top