IBM Global Business Services (GBS) helps our clients fundamentally redesign experiences to create new sources of value, digitally reinvent their operations for great efficiency and transform their entire enterprises through cognitive. We invite you to consider joining IBM's global reach, outcome-focused methodologies, domain skills and deep industry expertise that are helping transform the way we live and work.
IBM's state-of-the-art Client Innovation Centre (CIC) opened in Nova Scotia in March 2013 and is the first of its kind in Canada. The Centre weaves together IBM's business insights and industry-leading software portfolio and is ideally suited for any client that needs flexible access to emerging or niche skills that may not be cost effective to grow internally. In addition, our focus on our team is unparalleled as demonstrated by the following:
- The CIC NS is one of IBM's highest performing delivery centres worldwide - for retention, client satisfaction and utilization. Our employees are empowered to stay and grow within IBM.
- More than 100 of our employees received promotion in 2015 alone. Structured career development programs are helping us grow our future leaders from within.
- We are very focused on continuous skill development - staff training is our third largest annual Centre investment. Employees are immersed in a culture of learning and constant growth.
- Investment in key partnership with universities, government and private sector groups which has resulted in IBM having a key influencing role in Nova Scotia's ICT industry, especially in talent development.
The Project Management and Delivery Practice has grown from a handful of people to more than 65 Project Managers, Delivery Project Executives, Data Security & Privacy Experts, and related PMO roles over the last year. Providing Project Management and Delivery Services to Clients across Canada and around the world, the team is highly engaged and collaborative. We are looking to add exceptional Project Managers onto the team as we continue to grow our Client base.
- Proven track record of successful project implementation (be prepared to provide evidence)
- Ability to THINK - sometimes outside of the box - and to bring solutions to the table
- Exceptional communication skills
- Coordinates building a solution with the Solution Architect or SME
- Takes the Technical Solution Design and the Cost Case information from Delivery and Pricing, and the agreed-to requirements and creates the marketing proposal for delivery to the Client
- Ensures all appropriate RM reviews are performed
- Drives internal solution development against the agreed-to solution response times and implementation commitments to achieve Client
- Works with Client and Solution Architect to obtain and understand technical requirements
- Provides regular updates of proposal development status to the RFS Manager / Client, as required
- Must be bilingual
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Please see above
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top