Job Summary This role is responsible for leading a project team in delivering a solution to the client using the appropriate business measurements and terms and conditions for the project according to the project charter, project agreement or contract. They have overall performance responsibility for managing scope, cost, schedule, and contractual deliverables, which includes applying techniques for planning, tracking, change control and risk management. They are responsible for managing all project resources, including subcontractors, and for establishing an effective communication plan with the project team and the client. They provide day to day direction to the project team and regular project status to the client.
This role is responsible for managing project engagement staffing with a focus on balancing organization profit and long-term client opportunity The role develops and manages the tactical and strategic resource plan and skill management process for the area. The role assists principals and project managers on assigning resources who have the appropriate capabilities and required skills to be an effective contributor to a specific project client/customer project. Roles and Responsibilities IBM's Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for the overall project and customer's satisfaction.
- Develop a detailed Project Schedule once Transition Plan has been finalized together with IBM's Project Team.
- Define the Organization Chart, with the roles and responsibilities of the IBM and ATP teams.
- Maintain communications with the ATP Project Manager.
- Establish communication structure between IBM, ATP and service providers involved in this contract.
- Together with ATP's Project Manager, review the SOW, project schedule and the contractual responsibilities of IBM and ATP.
- Notify ATP Project Manager within three (3) working days of any determination that the schedule will be delayed due to 1) operational issues, 2) "downtime", or 3) resources requirements.
- Own all aspects of delivering the services as outlined in the contract.
- Develop and maintain the project plans and coordinate project team activities.
- Coordinate the establishment of the project office and environment.
- Conduct regularly scheduled project status review meetings.
- Coordinate and manage the technical activities and functional output of all IBM personnel assigned to the project.
- Provide decision-making within IBM's organization and the notification of decisions required by ATP pursuant to this Proposal and applicable agreements.
- Report to ATP as soon as practicable any perceived or anticipated problems, with associated recommended resolution that may have significant effect on the costs or the performance of the solution and/or the delivery and installation of the solution.
- Utilize its standard Project Management Methodology in implementing any related activity. As much as practicable, all related activities would be incorporated in the Project Management Plan.
- Manage contract scope and commitments.
- Provide timely turnaround on service requests.
- Implement project tracking and produce monthly status reports and other deliverables in accordance with the agreed report format and report dates with ATP.
- Review and administer the Change Control Procedure and evaluate potentially disruptive changes with The Customer's Project Manager.
- Coordinate with ATP for the prompt signing of progress reports and for the prompt payment of IBM's invoices
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 2 years experience in Service Management
- At least 2-3 years experience in Project Management
- Good communication skills in both oral and written
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- IT industry background
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top