The Project Administrator (PA) supports the IBM Global Business Services sales organization in preparing, validating and maintaining accurate and auditable record databases / files for contracts. This requires cooperative collaboration with the sales team and other supporting departments (Procurement, Pricing, Legal, Bid management team), with the objective to provide signed contract registration, billing and invoicing in a timely and accurate manner.
Summary of responsibilities:
- Creates, maintains and close the Contract Folder.
- Ensures projects are registered in applications to allow labour claiming and revenue booking.
- Registers external supplier's orders for accounts payable and triggers supplier invoices payment.
- Tracks, monitors and reports project financial status frequently to responsible management.
- Initiates corrective actions, where actual deviate from plan.
- Updates cost and revenue accordingly.
- Ensures that the Contract Folder is updated and billing data is captured, upon customer acceptance of solution deliverables.
- Performs final billing and invoicing reconciliation, closes contract in BMS, and ensures settlement of all IBM accounts.
- Utilizes foreign language skills while engaging and cultivating relationships with Sellers, Business Partners and a variety of IBM functions.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- English: Fluent
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work in a multi-lingual / multi-cultural environment
- Ability to follow Business Controls and maintain bid audit trail
- Precision, accuracy
- Detail orientation with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to prioritize work in a fast-spaced environment and work under time constraints
- Flexibility, as the position may require occasional work in shifts and overtime in quarter-ends
- Shared Service Center experience in O2C (order to cash) post-sales or billing/invoicing functions
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top