Program Manager, Education, Corporate Citizenship
The Program Manager, Education is a member of the Marketing, Communications and Citizenship team. This position is responsible for the implementation, management and promotion of IBM's global philanthropic and community programs focused on education, with a specific focus on managing P-TECH Taiwan, five-year junior college-a grades 10-14 school for which IBM serves as lead industry partner.
The person in this role works closely with IBM's Corporate Citizenship education and broader team, Marketing, Communications, Government and Regulatory Affairs, University Relations, Human Resources, the wider IBM Taiwan management team and with business units to help strengthen education around the world and create value for the business. Externally they form partnerships with key public sector and not-for-profit organizations and schools and interact with a network of thought leaders and influencers. An e mployee in this role integrates IBM's social and public policy priorities with business and policy interests, working with key decision makers, IBM clients and government officials.
The position reports to the IBM Taiwan Corporate Citizenship Manager.
The Program Manager, Education, Corporate Citizenship, is recognized both inside and outside IBM as a though leader in education, as well as a resourceful individual who can effectively build relationships and create solutions that leverage IBM resources, attract appropriate media attention and bring about desired and meaningful results.
The successful candidate for this position will have extensive experience in engaging with external organizations, especially in the education sector, but also in government, with community leaders, NGOs, and Think Tanks and be able to apply this experience to the education projects that they manage. They will be able to manage an overall program, which includes managing projects and budgets, as well as programs and events. They will have outstanding written and oral communication skills and a high level of experience in negotiation at a senior level. They will represent IBM in schools and in the community and demonstrate thought leadership. They will be self-directed and creative in identifying solutions and building coalitions to achieve results. They will require exceptional skills in collaboration with other IBM functions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide project management for IBM's grades 10-14 school model (P-TECH school), including IBM-specific commitments to the project, including workplace learning, skills identification and mapping, mentoring, worksite visits, speakers, and internships, as well as replication of the model.
- Research and develop best practices in education and education philanthropy, especially as they relate to IBM's corporate citizenship education portfolio.
- Develop work practices and systems that enable sustainable engagement and serve as point-of-contact and initiator for collaborative efforts between IBM, K12, higher education and community and business partners.
- Engage in professional growth and development opportunities to keep abreast of current and emerging careers in a rapidly changing workplace.
- Develop sustained partnerships and relationships with key organizations and influencers relevant to education, corporate citizenship programs and the business.
- Raise the profile of the IBM Corporation and its brand by locally focusing on IBM as a leader in education, innovation, corporate citizenship and an attractive employer.
- Work with the marketing and communications team to ensure effective communication of IBM's key messages and strategies relating to education and corporate citizenship to internal and external audiences, and coordinate with other IBM functions including HR, Government and Regulatory Affairs , Communications and Marketing.
- Be recognized as a team player in the community and within IBM.
- Manage budget for delivery of education programs and associated processes and business controls.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Excellent organizational skills and experience in project management. Ability to own, manage and implement high-level projects. Ability to manage time and responsibilities effectively and drive programs to successful completion.
- Excellent communication skills. Able to communicate orally and in writing information, ideas and concepts at a senior level to varied internal and external audiences. Strong verbal and written English with good capability in presenting.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to make informed judgments leading to effective partnerships and sustained relationships with a wide range of individuals and organisations including schools, government, not-for-profit organizations, and Think Tanks, for program delivery and to position IBM's leadership in corporate citizenship.
- Problem-solving skills. Able to use a range of tools, data, techniques and procedures to identify, understand and resolve various job related issues.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Knowledge of public policy processes, and the role and operation of local government and the not-for-profit sector, especially related to education.
- Knowledge and awareness of global and local education and corporate citizenship issues and strategies
- Ability to negotiate agreements with a range of external organizations with advice from IBM legal.
- Able to work effectively in a team with a broad range of people.
- Ability to work flexibly and under pressure, and to combine strategic and administrative tasks within the role.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top