Program Leader - Digital
- San Francisco, CA
The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world's technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
Do you want to part of the team that is defining the future of fan experience for sports teams or reimagining how financial services institutions are transforming in the age of disruption? How about helping companies keep employees safe in the field while helping employees do work via digital experiences they deserve. Here is your chance.
IBM Interactive Experience (IBM iX) delivers complete digital solutions for our customers in a competitive and innovative business landscape. We are seeking a Program Leader with a consulting mindset in Toronto, who will contribute significantly to the aggressive objectives of the team and deliver remarkable client experiences.
The Program Leader will be responsible for leading and managing a portfolio of digital programs including scaled agile projects for major IBM clients. They will work closely with senior clients and IBM stakeholders to assess program objectives and implement an effective plan for delivering upon them.
The ideal candidate will contribute to the development and delivery of solutions, based on first-hand experience in an IT consulting organization. They will understand the issues faced by the industry today and will be inspired by the opportunity to lead a team that works iteratively to overcome them.
As a seasoned leader and consultant, the Program Leader will be the primary conduit between clients and IBM. They will serve as a voice for change to drive transformative practices that will allow IBM and clients to deliver value to market.
The Program Leader will manage a team of IBMers and advisee senior client leaders on program roadmap and delivery. They will develop lasting relationships based on mutual respect with client decision makers. They will manage the scope, risk and profitability of engagements. They are also responsible for identifying and developing new growth opportunities.
The Program Leader will significantly influence client satisfaction through speedy resolution of issues and risks, and by continuously managing expectations and delivery. They will also serve as a lead advocate of client within IBM and will consult to senior stakeholders to make a case for change.
• Manage a portfolio of Digital programs across various geographic zones by aligning teams to work towards a common goal
• Manage Agile programs with 5-12 squads, across various geographic zones by aligning teams to work towards a common goal
• Manage the day-to-day delivery of all project team members
• Facilitate launch of new program increments, lead planning and execution
• Coach executives, leaders, managers and teams on agile practices and mindsets
• Create and update the implementation plans and metrics
• Consult and advise clients on various programs strategic objectives
• Track and communicate program progress/status to client and IBM stakeholders
• Identify risks and escalate them through the appropriate channels
• Clear blockers for the team to enable throughput
• Contribute ideas and best practices across the client and IBM team
• Provide input on resourcing to address critical bottlenecks
• Manage IBM project financials, including forecasting, planning and analysis
• Lead IBM governance activities and related communication
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent
• 5+ years of digital program management experience
• Successful track record of stakeholder management
• Demonstrated experience of IT consulting
• Proven track record of leading business case development for large and strategic initiatives
• Proven Experience with Digital ecosystem and current market trends
• Experienced in project financial management and forecasting
• Demonstrated experience with both agile and waterfall methodologies
• Successful delivery of programs on time and on budget
• Proven ability to work in a customer facing/consulting environment
• Experience leading projects through all phases of the lifecycle
• Collaborates with IBM Account leaders and local practice leads to support opportunity development and build appropriate engagement model for the client
• Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
• Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with senior clients
• English: fluent
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• French: fluent
• Salesforce experience
• 10+ years of software agile program management experience
• 5+ years in an IT consulting organization or similar
• Experience in product management and delivery
• Accreditations desired: CSM - Certified Scrum Master, SPC - SAFe Program Consultant, PMI ACP or PMP
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top