Product Marketing Manager
Senior Product Marketing Manager
Are you passionate about telling great stories? Are you excited by the prospect of working with top industry ISVs embedding new technologies such as artificial intelligence, blockchain and the "internet of things" built on the IBM Cloud?
Accelerating its remarkable turnaround and establishing itself among the top 3 enterprise-cloud players, IBM's total cloud revenue rose to $17.7 billion over the last 12 months, up 22 percent. Its annual exit run rate for as-a-service revenue increased to $10.7 billion, up 25 percent-a critical driver of IBM's Strategic Imperatives. IBM is also a world leader in artificial intelligence, or 'augmented intelligence.' Watson is IBM's AI platform for professionals. Major AI-related announcements at Think 2018 sparked online media conversations driving IBM's Share of Voice, like the Apple partnership on an artificial intelligence service intended to make it easier for business customers to create apps. We have re-invented IBM for what we see as a new era of data.
Modern cloud services rely on partners and developers building the integration to other cloud systems. The Watson & Cloud Platform Marketing team is looking for a senior product marketer who demonstrates 80% product marketing skills and expertise backed by 20% business development experience preferably in the financial services industry. You will own the content creation go-to-market responsibilities for a defined set of top-tier ISV partners, bringing their cloud applications-embedded with IBM cloud technologies-jointly to market. Typically, you will drive joint core assets creation with 5-10 top industry ISVs working in collaborating with the IBM Industry Marketing team.
This product marketing role requires strong business acumen, strategic thinking, cross-organizational collaboration, and storytelling. You are a prolific writer and will be authoring several joint-ISV core content pieces every month. This role will partner across IBM teams to define a strategy to reach new influencers and audiences through top industry ISV solutions as a way to promote IBM's strategic ONE Architecture, consisting of four layers: Cloud, Data, AI, and Applications.
As a senior product marketer, you will lead virtual teams across industry marketing, product marketing, channel sales and face to face sales to develop business strategies and evangelize differentiated messaging and positioning for IBM Cloud technologies-driving a growth engine enabling artificial intelligence and "multi-cloud" deployments through ISVs.
This position is full-time and based in Austin, TX
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Deeply understand your customer audiences and their needs, market dynamics, competitors and product levers to help grow the Cloud platform business.
- Understand adoption of IBM Watson & Cloud platform capabilities within customer scenarios of the ISVs-building GTM strategies including messaging and content and driving customer evidence to accelerate growth in these areas.
- Develop competitive insights to deliver the right solutions and messaging to market.
- Build and validate value propositions, messaging, and guidance for the field, partners, press, and analyst-specifically related to launching new partner solutions built on embedding IBM technology.
- Drive and support product roadmap strategies and disclosures in partnership with offering management, channel sales, product marketing, outbound marketing and communications.
- Work with field sales and channel sales teams to ensure joint solution roadmap, value proposition, positioning & messaging is effectively communicated.
- Partner with technical product sales to deliver the right technical guidance and readiness for the top industry ISV solutions on IBM Cloud for prioritized industries.
- Represent the Cloud team on cross IBM event teams, ensuring appropriate session allocation, booth presence, and onsite support.
- At least five years of experience in Marketing, Content Development, or Partner Marketing
- Bachelor's degree
- Familiarity and experience with Partner business models and through-partner licensing models.
- Experience with the modern Cloud partner ecosystem (e.g., next-generation ISVs, MSPs, SIs) alongside a deep understanding of partner programs, sales enablement, and partner/ field readiness.
- Proven record in marketing and storytelling excellence.
- Can serve as a uniting force that creates alignment across disparate teams; skilled at conflict resolution and making sure all voices are heard.
- Strong collaborative skills - developing messaging and positioning and marketing assets that incorporates multiple points of view from different parts of the business but comes across in one coherent voice.
- Multi-faceted communicator - connects with a variety of audiences across written, verbal, and presentations.
- Solid understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging trends.
- Ability to influence at all levels of the company.
- Strong business acumen and analytical mindset, with a systemic approach to solving problems.
- Results driven and adaptable; thrives in a fast-paced ambiguous environment
- Interest in contributing to a diverse and inclusive team.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or Communications preferred.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 4+ years' experience with Routes/ Go-to-market strategy, design, and planning
- 5+ years' experience with Channel marketing program design and deployment
- 5+ years Marketing Management - BP value proposition experience
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Self-starter, highly responsible, deadline-oriented, and independent
- Exceptional written, verbal and listening skills
- Proficient in PowerPoint and presentation development and experience with the fundamentals of social media and digital marketing
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Channel management & development
- Pipeline management, analysis & reporting
- Proficiency in Web Analytic Tools
- SEO, Search Engine enhancement techniques
- Sales Force and or Marketing Automation Tools (Marketo, HubSpot, etc.)
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top