Product Marketing Manager
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Product Marketing Manager will synthesize market analysis, customer needs, and product capabilities into easy-to-understand messages and value propositions. The person in this role should be a creative technical marketing professional skilled in storytelling with strong knowledge of and experience in the marketing and sales technology stack.
What You'll Do
- Establish the go-to-market vision, strategy and model for a portion of our product portfolio and communicate that vision and strategy across the organization
- Develop deep understanding of the buying audience for the organization by conducting research and gathering insight on target personas, buyer needs and the purchasing decision process
- Drive an audience-centric marketing approach within the organization, ensuring that messaging, content and campaign strategies are centered around the customer buying needs
- Frame market segmentation and targeting in order to define market opportunities for the product portfolio
- Partner with product management to build business cases for expanding market presence
- Partner with Sales and Sales Enablement to help progress pipeline opportunities and enable successful client-facing conversations
- Oversee and provide direction for the creation and socialization of the following product-level documents: market requirements, marketing plan, sales enablement plan, launch plan, and solution handbook
- Oversee and provide input on the process for creating product positioning, value propositions and messaging that resonates with the buying audience
- Provide source messaging documents to be used for campaigns, demand generation and content
- Develop competitive positioning for your product portfolio; perform competitive analysis
- Serve as a market-facing subject matter expert for your product portfolio; interface with industry analysts
- Participate in the development of customer references, testimonials and case studies
- Provide leadership, direction and mentoring to guide the marketing team related to products
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- 5 years of related product or solutions marketing experience
- Expertise with marketing sophisticated, SaaS-based B2B applications
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to partner with cross-functional teams. Experience working with Sales, Product Management, and Marketing (Demand Generation, Events, etc.)
- Plan, execute, and lead successful product launches
- Strategic thinker, creative problem solver and strong analytical skills
- Influencing and communicating product offers to customers, prospects, sales, industry analysts and trade press
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- 7 years of related product or solutions marketing experience
About Business Unit
At IBM Cognitive Applications, we build open applications that unlock the power of data for clients, partners, and developers. Running on top of IBM's unique Hybrid, Multi-cloud and AI infrastructures, these applications work across horizontal domains and bring our technology to life for end users. Cognitive Applications unit includes: Watson Customer Engagement, Watson IoT, Watson Media and Weather, Talent & Collaboration, Digital Growth & Commerce, and IBM Developer teams.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top