Product Marketing Intern (Summer 2018, graduate)
IBM is hiring a Product Marketing Intern for the Aspera division of our Hybrid Cloud business unit in Emeryville, CA. This role offers you the opportunity to learn to work as a product marketing manager on an industry-leading technology that is transforming the way organizations move their data. We're an experienced team constantly iterating on best practices while exploring new and proven ways to grow product revenue. You will work with our marketing, sales, engineering and technical staff. A successful candidate will be a great communicator who enjoys learning about new technologies. He or she will also need to be flexible, persistent, curious, and organized.
Responsibilities for this role will includes:
- Work with engineering and technical staff to understand and clearly communicate product and solution architecture and deployment diagrams
- Create engaging customer-facing product content that can be used to drive digital marketing campaigns (product demonstrations, videos, white papers, blogs, webinars, etc.)
- Collaborate with sales and marketing to develop PowerPoint presentations, product collateral, and other content needed to support sales efforts and marketing events
- Help create a content strategy that help buyers discover and learn about the Aspera portfolio
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- BS degree in engineering or other technical discipline
- Minimum 3 years work experience, ideally in high-tech
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders
- Must be comfortable getting hands on with technology
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Previous experience as a Software Engineer, Software Sales Engineer or other technical role is desired
- Experience with SaaS services and understand the dynamics of a SaaS business versus perpetual-licensed software business is strongly preferred
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top