Procurement Services Manager
Objective of the job:
The Procurement Operations Manager will be responsible for the delivery of procurement services for IBM's client(s). He/ She will lead a team of Assistant Managers/ Team leaders, Buyers and will be responsible for client satisfaction, meeting SLA commitments between the Client and IBM.
Manage overall operation of the Procurement Center team in support of client's order execution and Customer Assistance Center (client specific details).
- Direct and coach the team of Assistant managers/ team leaders and/or buyers on a need basis towards meeting customer expectations.
- Ensure tight linkage between Order Executers and Sourcing/Buying teams at the account.
- Manage all activities relating to the staffing of the procurement center team; improve employee motivation and provide periodic performance feedback.
- Work with delivery project executive and SPM to understand client expectations and requirements
- Manage operational plan to ensure all applicable SLA's are being met
- Measure, monitor, and improve on all key process metrics to ensure efficient and effective use of resources for the value of work being managed.
- Resolve customer satisfaction and performance issues. Handle escalations and conduct root cause analysis to find and implement lasting solutions.
- Identify and mitigate any risks/ issues that are foreseen as potential bottlenecks to the procurement operations process.
- Participate in account team management system for client reviews and ABC monthly reviews to provide process specific feedback.
- Approve and execute staffing increases or reductions if change in operational scope occurs
- Resolve any issues relating to business controls guidelines and ensure audit readiness of all purchasing documents.
- Review results and assess performance for the team's employees
- Manage operational support to cost case
- Manage turnover and attrition of LCC resource
- Support Procurement Services Growth and market eminence
- Supporting client visits - showing initiative in new ways to showcase centre expertise
Main Contacts / Clients
Own team of OPS buyers/CAC agents/Tactical or Sourcing Buyers, Client procurement organization, Country Sourcing buyers/Tactical buyers, Suppliers, Requesters, Accounts payable, Management (Direct), Team leaders, SPM and DPE
Participates as individual contributor to the team. Coordinates day-to-day activities to meet operational metrics. Can develop and implement recommendations, demonstrates initiative, and contributes to problem solving. Direct responsibilities for operational measurements. Carries out variety of complex activities according to plan within broader area of responsibility, analyses problems. Decision making affecting own work.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Fluent English and German
- Client facing
- Apply customer satisfaction skills
- Operations and sourcing delivery across multiple categories
- Project management
- Apply strong oral and verbal communication skills
- Develop Individuals and teams
- Manage performance and contribution
- Lead change
- Lead teams in a matrix organization
- Manage Delegation and Tasks/Responsibilities
- Apply Business Control Requirements
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Lotus Notes, MS Office, Outlook, Ariba, SAP, etc.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top