Procurement Professional (Sourcing Buyer)
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Procurement Professional (Sourcing Buyer), you will
- Source, evaluate and negotiate with suppliers on purchases and contract terms and conditions
- Perform activities such as Request for Quotation, Request for Information, Contracts Management and Supplier Management etc
- Perform cost structure analysis and negotiate best price with suppliers
- Drive and achieve cost saving for sourcing program and purchase opportunity
- Execute sourcing strategy to achieve business results and support client success
- Deploy sourcing council initiatives and programs in day-to-day activities
- Manage and maintain good commercial relationship with suppliers
- Establish and manage good client relationship and satisfaction
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Strong PC Skill in Excel, Powerpoint, Word
- Strong analytical skills and good knowledge of cost analysis
- Strong sense of responsibility and ownership
- Ability to work in a matrix organization and ability to interact globally
- Strong communication skills
- Self-motivated, team player, creative, well organized
- Able to work under pressure and tight schedule
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM's financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top