Procurement Professional /Buyer/ with English + Spanish
This is a varied and busy role providing purchasing support to stakeholders. Working as part of the sourcing team, the Procurement professional will be involved in negotiating and contracting with selected vendors, providing advice and guidance on sometimes complex and sensitive commercial issues, as well as duly documenting all deals into the relevant tools. More specific details of the duties involved are provided below.
Procurement professional has the responsibility for achieving best overall value for IBM when acquiring or contracting for goods, services and intellectual property assets. As such Procurement professional's principal responsibilities are to:
- Ensure an effective procurement process is defined and operated
- Advise and guide business on third party supplier commercial relationships
- Negotiate contract terms with supplier and liaise with legal staff where appropriate
- Select suppliers and conduct a fair value determination. Work with the supplier on boarding team to on board new suppliers as and when appropriate
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, to understand and interpret their requirements and longer term strategies to ensure procurement can meet and exceed where possible these requirements
- Maintain effective audit trails for all sourcing activities
- Create appropriate contract documentation
- Establish effective process indicators that demonstrate performance against these measurements.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experienced Buyer with a good understanding and appreciation of contracts
- Fluency in English and Spanish languages
- Sound commercial judgment and strong negotiation skills
- Excellent communicator, willing and able to deal effectively with a variety of internal clients and Suppliers at all levels
- Effective team player, willing to assist others as/when necessary and able to work to changing priorities and deadlines
- Self-motivated, determined and resilient
- Able to work on own initiative and manage an individual workload.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Master's Degree in Logistics/Business/Management
- Experience in supplier relations and commercial negotiations
- Experience in contract drafting.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top