Procurement Automation Specialist
The mission of IBM Global Procurement is to acquire goods and services efficiently and effectively for internal and external customers with the most competitive supply chain cost. This is done with an eye toward flexibility to react to changing market demands.
This is conducted in an environment of pervasive e-Procurement across all steps of the acquisition process from initial market intelligence, strategic sourcing, tactical implementation, invoicing, and electronic payments. These e-Procurement processes are an integral part of an optimized end-to-end supply chain, which benefits our customers and suppliers.
The objective of the job is to identify opportunities for increasing overall efficiency of an E2E process and to develop automation solution for all or certain steps of the process.
- Gather facts (through primary and secondary research, structured and unstructured interviews, surveys, and process analysis etc.)
- Responsible for the analysis of the as-is process and for the design of the to-be process
- Responsible for developing the automation solution supporting the to-be process using various automation technologies (i.e. BluePrism) or scripting (ie. VBA, Python)
- Acts as an independent professional, including interaction with clients and does not require close management supervision
- Create original work products with minimal supervision
- Establish relationships within client organizations and deliver timely, high quality service to the client.
- Operates as a team member of the Global Procurement Automation Team
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Good written and spoken command in English is a must
- Good analytical skills and strong problem solving skills
- Is able to articulate and compare alternative approaches drawing from previous engagements and recommend solutions
- Draws upon existing intellectual capital and improves it. May create new intellectual capital
- Experience in process modeling
- Experience in coding
- Experience in any type of server maintenance, administration
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top