Process Integration Engineer
IBM is seeking a Research Scientist / Process Integration Engineer with experience in semiconductor fabrication including device, interconnect, and/or packaging technologies to work at the IBM T. J. Watson Research Lab in Yorktown Heights, NY.
- Candidates should have a strong foundation in chemistry, physics, or materials science along with experience working on semiconductor unit process technologies and module/chip level integration.
- Candidates should be interested in working in a fast paced hands-on environment developing and advancing wafer/chip fabrication of exploratory computing technologies in a semiconductor research fab facility.
- Candidates should demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills as well as the ability to drive innovation to improve processes and solve challenging problems.
- Candidates must be able to work successfully with a diverse and dynamic team, collaborate with team members, work independently, and take initiative.
The World is Our Laboratory: No matter where discovery takes place, IBM researchers push the boundaries of science, technology and business to make the world work better. IBM Research is a global community of forward-thinkers working towards a common goal: progress.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 2 years experience in microelectronics materials and process integration, may include graduate-level research experience.
- At least 2 years experience in chemistry, physics, or materials science research, may include graduate-level research experience.
- Required to obtain and maintain appropriate security clearance.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- At least 4 years experience in semiconductor unit process development and/or semiconductor integration/packaging experience.
- Ph.D. or equivalent experience in chemistry, physics, or materials science.
- Appropriate security clearance.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top