Process Improvement Specialist
- Washington, DC
As a Strategy Consultant at IBM, you will help reinvent businesses and industries by developing and utilizing specialized knowledge of industry-specific and cross-industry competitive strategies. You'll manage complex components of an engagement, working closely with clients and their customers to understand their pain points. Your strategic recommendations will drive change in a digitally-enabled era and give you the opportunity to collaborate with highly talented IBMers. Are you ready?
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Process Improvement Specialist will lead business, operations, technology, and digital strategy efforts with a focus on cognitive, automation, and related emerging technologies and techniques. Duties will include:
- Assist clients in determining business issues and recommending solutions to drive business value using Lean Six Sigma methodology.
- Identify waste in processes and drive a culture of continuous improvement.
- Utilize business knowledge aligned to business objectives, processes, measurements and tools to analyze client business issues, formulate hypotheses and testing conclusions to determine appropriate solutions, and collaborate with and advise improvement project sponsors, managers, and leaders to prioritize, shape and deliver continuous process improvement projects.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Six Sigma Green Belt.
- 5+ years demonstrated experience applying process improvement methodologies and process reengineering methodologies.
- 5+ years experience with improvement workshops and other interactive sessions with subject matter experts, project sponsors, customers, and other key stakeholders to understand current state processes, process and customer pain points, and future state requirements in order to identify and implement improvements.
- 5+ years experience documenting current "as-is" operations/processes; designing new "to-be" operations/processes; defining improvements; creating/executing against strategic implementation plans.
- 2+ years of experience assessing and leveraging both mainstream and emerging technology advancements (especially AI, analytics and automation/robotics) with a strategic mindset to transform or optimize business designs.
Broad-based general technology ecosystem and industry understanding.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with Public Sector Clients (US Federal, Higher Education, State and Local Governments).
- General knowledge and experience with leading automation software products.
- Continuous Improvement knowledge and/or certifications (Lean Six Sigma, Lean).
- Experience building go-to-market strategy, developing opportunities pipeline.
- Experience in developing new offerings.
- Familiar with business designs: business models, functions, processes, job roles and customer interactions as well as how they are impacted by digitization, AI/automation and emerging technologies/techniques.
- 3+ years of experience in interacting with executive level clients.
- Strong problem-solving and systems thinking abilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a highly collaborative, team-based environment.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top