Privacy Associate (Data Protection, Privacy) - Promontory
- London, United Kingdom
Promontory, an IBM company, is a premier strategic, compliance and risk consulting firm for companies across the globe. We are proud to be the home of professionals from top law firms, leaders of regulators and global organisations and specialists across the industry who work alongside leading organisations assisting with their most pressing, sensitive and complex assignments.
We have one purpose; to be a Trusted Partner. Through our values of Superior Expertise, Innovative Solutions and Collaborative Community we seek to provide our clients with solutions to their wide variety of complex problems. Across the business our consultants have a unique blend of legal, regulatory, and management expertise and we are looking to add further experience to our Privacy team.
Our Privacy Practice offers both consultancy (Advisory) around privacy regulations, governance and strategy; and Managed Privacy Services (MPS), expanding the service offering and responding to market demand. MPS are co-designed, tested and operationalized with our clients and add additional service offerings for the Promontory Privacy Practice.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Within your role as an Associate at Promontory you will:
- Work with teams addressing complex compliance and risk management challenges relating to data privacy, data protection and information risk management.
- Research and analyse legal or regulatory requirements, including as developed through administrative or judicial proceedings.
- Participate in compliance and risk assessments including privacy impact assessments.
- Assist in the review, classification and mapping of client data processing and data flows.
- Review and analyse client written materials, such as policies, procedures, and governance artefacts.
- Assist in drafting and revising client deliverables-including reports, correspondence, presentations, and written tools such as policies and templates.
- Play a hands-on role in business development for both Advisory and MPS work, such as by helping to draft proposals and participating in meetings with current or potential clients.
- Participate in client meetings, such as interviews or presentations, which often include senior executives or directors of the client.
- Monitor and prepare reports on global regulatory developments.
- Work with Promontory senior management and project teams to design, develop, implement and assist managing MPS services based on clients' requirements.
- Directly deliver MPS services requiring Data Privacy Subject Matter Expertise.
- Maintain a written knowledge management system to enable measurable, predictable and repeatable delivery of MPS services.
- Travel as required to client sites in the United Kingdom and internationally. Time spent traveling ranges from 10% to 75%, depending upon the project.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- A law-based degree.
- Prior experience in at least one role relating to data privacy, information / cyber security and information risk.
- Experience within a legal or regulatory organisation.
- Superior writing and editing skills with the ability to construct well-founded, clear, and concise analyses and recommendations.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Ability to handle complex information, solve problems, and manage multiple tasks.
- Effective communication skills with clients, at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships.
- Strong alignment to integrity and ethics.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Postgraduate education with a specialisation in privacy and data protection.
- Several years' experience relating to data privacy.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top