Principle Security Architect - Security Operations
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
At IBM, creating innovative IT solutions for global companies is only the beginning. Our clients need to ensure that their world-class systems not only meet business requirements, but are secure and reliable. That's where you come in.
The Principal Security Architect reports to the Executive, Security Operations. This role sets the overall strategic direction for information security in the organization in partnership with the Executive, Security Operations, and implements security architecture solutions based on industry standard best practices.
- Define and publish the overall IT security strategy for the Cloud SecOps responsibility umbrella
- Research, evaluate, and recommend security technologies which may be applied to technology solutions being developed or maintained internally or externally
- Lead design of Information Security solutions using industry standard best practices, regulatory guidelines, and corporate policy
- Participate in risk analysis and mitigation activities
- Perform security maturity gap analysis and develop maturity roadmaps to improve overall security posture of the organization
- Conduct security assessments for projects, hold security reviews against internal or external solutions being developed or maintained
- Collaborate with operations teams and external auditors to develop security best practices balancing usability with the security triad
- Collaborate with Legal, Security Operations, and Compliance to create, maintain, and communicate policies required for security, information sharing, and use of computing infrastructure
- Act as the subject matter expert for security posture and configuration within the organization
- Provide expertise and mentoring to members of the Security Operations umbrella
- Act as focal security support for Incident Response when required by Incident Handlers
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years of information security experience OR relevant security system design and administration OR other relevant experience
- Experience with risk management, vulnerability management, threat analysis, security auditing, security monitoring, incident response, network security architecture, security system architecture and other information security design principles and practices
- Verifiable work researching and implementing new technologies in seamless, scalable, flexible and repeatable methods for dynamic security groups.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with information technology professionals as well as executive and senior management and auditors, assessors, and consultants
- High level of personal integrity, and the ability to professionally handle confidential matters and exude the appropriate level of judgment and maturity
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field or relevant work experience required
- Graduate and Post Graduate Degree in relevant field preferred
- Security Industry focused certification preferred. e.g. CISSP, CISM, CCSP, SSCP, GSEC, CEH, etc.
- High degree of initiative, dependability, and ability to work with little supervision
- Capability to maintain highly detailed documentation and ticketing
- Proven capability to integrate with other organizations internal and external to the corporate entity and maintain the highest degree of professionalism
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client's data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top