Principal Software Engineer, Sanovi
Principal Software Engineer
Location: Raleigh-Durham, NC (Must be able to work on-site in Raleigh, NC. Relocation assistance available)
Sanovi, an IBM company is looking for creative problem solvers with a passion for innovation and revolutionizing the way the business applications are recovered.
• Serve as part of a high-powered team to design, develop and evolution of enterprise disaster recovery and data protection software.
• Keep abreast of technologies in Enterprise Software, Virtualization, Cloud and Data Protection space to contribute to the technical evolution of the product
• Maintain efficient and effective communication and collaboration with other teams to plan the roadmap, drive consistency of architecture, design and influence adoption of technologies and standards within engineering
• Identify and address technology challenges to ensure robust, secure, and scalable product that meets or exceeds customer and end-user expectations
• Work closely with product management and other engineering teams to continuously innovate, evolve and support the product.
• Work with external and internal communities to drive larger organization goals and protect Intellectual Property (IP).
• Inspire through action and be a role model for the engineering team
If this sounds challenging, you're right! Principal Software engineer will provide the technical leadership to the Sanovi engineering team and ensure solutions with high customer centricity and innovation.
This leader should possess very strong technical skills, have a career history of strong hands-on software engineering and development experience, and the tactical and visionary leadership skills to motivate, guide, and earn the respect from a highly talented engineering team.
• Prove ability in leading positive change, empowering people, cultivating product technology visions and innovative solutions, and fostering effective engineering
• Experience in developing Highly available, Multi-tenant, Large scale systems/software using Java technologies.
• Shall have strong analytical skills, agile development experience, and ability to learn quickly
• Strong business acumen. Understanding of customer internal and external landscape and thinks/acts strategically for all stakeholders
#adaytorefer IWD18HJNA IWD18&A
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• At least 12 years of experience in hands-on software development
• At least 8 experience in Java Technologies, Network and SQL programming
• Knowledge in Virtualization, Public/Private Clouds and Data Protection technologies
#adaytorefer IWD18HJNA IWD18&A
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
• Experience in developing products in the infrastructure space, either Systems/Network Management or Virtualization/Cloud Management or Backup or Replication or Data center automation technologies
• Experience in Disaster Recovery (DR) domain is a big plus
• US patents to the credit is a plus
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top