Principal Software Engineer - Java Full Stack
Principal Software Engineer
Location: Raleigh-Durham, NC (Must be able to work on-site in Raleigh, NC. Relocation assistance available)
IBM is looking for creative problem solvers with a passion for innovation and revolutionizing the way the business applications are recovered.
The Java Full Stack Principal Engineer will be part of the product architecture team responsible for architecture, design & development of the Resiliency Orchestration product suite. The candidate will be responsible for defining the architecture, help the engineering teams with the best approach and design for developing and integrating the various clouds, hypervisors and data platforms into Resiliency Orchestration platform.
Define the architecture, approach and development for the features of the orchestration suite including the product, platform, deployment and integration
Work closely with product management in understanding the business requirement and provide inputs on technical requirements
Help the development team in defining the approach, software design and code reviews.
Assist the QA team in defining test scenarios.
Maintain efficient & effective communication & collaboration with development and QA teams removing any technological impediments.
Keep up to date with the technology advancements and propose better & efficient solutions
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
At least 10+ years of hands-on experience in architecture and development in Java of enterprise management software.
At least 5 years of:
- Hands on experience in Virtualization and Cloud technologies - specifically Management, in VMware/Hyper-V/KVM/AWS/Azure/IBM Cloud etc.
- Knowledge and experience in building a Rich UI interface for complex enterprise applications.
- Experienced in designing products using cross-platform pluggable UI components.
- Experience in technologies like Java/JSP/Java script Programming/Servlets/ SQL programming, XML technologies.
- Strong understanding of OOAD, Struts/Spring framework, hibernate is required.
- Shall have strong analytical skills, SDLC methodologies, excellent communication and ability to innovate.
- Should be experienced in designing & development of products using Java in a multi-threaded environment and socket based communications
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience in scripting languages like Tcl, PowerShell is desirable
- Strong understanding of high availability and disaster recovery architectures for databases/applications will be a big plus
- In depth knowledge and practical experience in backup/recovery and data protection mechanisms will be an added advantage
- Working experience in one of the MVC framework and developing Restful web services
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top