Principal Software Engineer - Austin, TX
Rise to meet the challenge of solutioning the world's problems. Software engineers at IBM get to see their work in the real world, improving the current state of disaster preparedness and providing more accurate medical solutions around the globe. You will be challenged to think outside the box, work across organizations, and engineer creative solutions that scale to the demands of our ever-growing customer base. Take ownership and be actively engaged in the entire product lifecycle - from quick hits to full feature development.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Principal Software Engineer - Replication
IBM Resiliency Orchestration team is looking for a Principal Software Engineer who will be part of high-powered technical team that is responsible for designing & developing the replication software to enable DRaaS for hybrid cloud environments.
• Drive the design, development, integration and delivery of the replication software product for Hybrid Cloud resiliency
• Work closely with product management, architecture and other engineering teams to constantly innovate the software to provide single-click DRaaS powered by Resiliency Orchestration
• Maintain efficient and effective communication and collaboration with the extended development teams based in India to manage dependencies and deliverables to ensure end to end integration and quality
• Ensure robust, secure, highly available and scalable software that meets or exceeds cloud providers and end-user expectations
• Technically guide the Replication software development team and drive towards product innovation
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
• At least 12 years of hands-on experience in device drivers or kernel modules or filter drivers
• Strong understanding of driver development frameworks in Windows and/ or Linux is required.
• Strong programming skills in C/C++/data structures/algorithms and should have experience in developing replication or migration products
• In depth knowledge in Data Protection or Work Load migration for Virtual environments
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
• 15 + years of experience in device drivers or kernel modules or filter drivers
• Experience in developing file systems, storage or data protection software
• Experience in developing host-based replication software for any major Operating System
• In depth knowledge and practical experience in developing SCSI/Disk/Tape drivers or iSCSI drivers
• Basic knowledge related to virtualization and hybrid cloud technologies
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's this unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top