Pre-Sales Specialist-Client Technical Storage (San Fransico, CA)
- San Francisco, CA
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Global Markets is currently seeking a Client Technical Storage Pre-Sales Specialist. This position is responsible for the technical pre-sales of IBM Storage Solutions Portfolio within a specific US geography focused on new business.
Client Technical Specialists are technical consultants to IBM clients, IBM sales teams and IBM Business Partners. They deliver industry centric business solutions to clients of all sizes and markets. As a client-facing, technical pre-sales professional, you will be guided by IBM's purpose - to be essential to its clients.
We are seeking individuals interested in making an impact in selling IBM's storage portfolio in the Market assignment to maintain and grow existing revenue streams and relationships. If you are self-motivated, driven to win sales opportunities, and ready to interact daily with customers, colleagues, and business partners, let's talk.
- Use technical business acumen to understand the client's business requirements, technical requirements and/or competitive landscape
- Collaborate with IBM sales teams to define, design, and detail the technical aspects and feasibility of proposed solutions
- Manage Proof of Concepts (POC) and assist with critical situations
- Actively engage with clients to develop the trust and credibility to help them grow their businesses by solving strategic and tactical business problems with IBM's proven cognitive and cloud technology storage solutions
- Apply IBM brand strategies and offerings, methods and models, and solution design and delivery
- Demonstrated level of business acumen as it applies to the client's business and working with business partners to execute solutions.
- Skilled in provocative consultative selling, with an understanding of the client's needs and IBM capabilities
- Commercially minded and capable of supporting end-to-end sales engagements with the ability to think, plan and act strategically
- Extensive networking and interpersonal skills in complex environments
- Self-starter with eagerness to seek and build new skills
?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?
> Preferred candidates should live in the city of San Fransico or surrounding suburbs in order to be eligible.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 5 years of experience in IT Technical Storage Solutions Pre-Sales
- At least 5 years of experience in Storage Systems and SAN/NAS technologies
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 2 years or experience working with IBM Storage Software and Hardware; such as IBM Spectrum portfolio, FlashSystems, DS8000, Storwize, and IBM Cloud Object Storage and other storage platforms
- At least 5 years of experience selling flash and cloud storage solutions
- At least 5 years of experience selling data protection solutions
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company's Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM's global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients' growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top