Gather customer requirements in the areas of both business and technology using a number of different techniques and sales-focused activities
• Prepare and present complete technical proposals to customers, addressing complex requirements, designing value-driven architectures, and explaining the application and ROI of our solutions
• Prepare Statements of Work (SOW) where Open Source/ Red Hat Services is part of the solution
• Support the Sales team by delivering compelling recommendations and solutions which directly result in the closing of sales
• Serve as a technical point of contact for existing and prospective customers and the Sales team
• Research and write the responses to technical sections of requests for information (RFIs) and requests for proposal (RFPs)
• Form relationships with customer technical associates to identify new opportunities
• Lead the gathering of architecture, design, and presentation of solutions to meet the needs of prospective customers in conjunction with Open Source/ Red Hat Services solutions
• Guide and lead presales pilots, demonstrations, proofs of concepts, evaluation, and benchmarks
Extensive experience with enterprise technology and solutions delivery for a wide range of customers in varied industry markets, preferably including containers and hybrid cloud solutions
• Knowledge of the latest trends, practices, and techniques in open source enterprise application development and infrastructure adoption and management including DevOps and cloud-native application development
• Appreciation of IT trends and future heading and their impact on business
• Excellent communication and presentation skills with a record of developing relationships at engineering, commercial, and executive levels
• Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences
• Ability to create customer technology adoption roadmaps and break down complex solutions into clearly defined Open Source/ Red Hat Services adoption journeys
• Ability to catalyze and foster communities within solutions architecture teams, enabling knowledge sharing and innovation
• Willingness to travel up to 50%
• Excellent knowledge of the benefits and challenges associated with open source software in the enterprise space is preferred
• have broad technical knowledge of the open source solutions from across the Red Hat JBoss Middleware portfolio, Platform-as-a-Solution (PaaS)-related technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, or Red Hat OpenStack Platform), DevOps tools, and more.
• Ability to understand and effectively communicate the value of Open Souse/ Red Hat's solutions across technology and solutions spaces, including platform, middleware, cloud and virtualization, and services
• Experience in Cloud, IT Service, Open Source Software Technical support role
• Open Source related application development experience is a plus.
• Python/C/C++/Shell development experience is a plus.
• 4+ IT architect experience of cloud and open source business and project delivery/implantation
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top