Power Systems Consultant
- Mumbai, India
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- As part of the Worldwide Lab Services team the Lab Service Power Systems consultants are engaged in providing specialist services on IBM Power Systems around the world
- The Lab Services Power Systems specialist is a highly skilled guide with a deep knowledge of IBM's Power Server portfolio, AIX, Linux and IBM Systems products and services around the Power Systems eco system.
- The Lab Services consultant assume overall technical responsibility for the success of solution construction, implementation and system integration in a technology, industry or business specialty
- You deliver new and complex high-quality solutions to clients in response to varying business requirements
- You have deep skill and good hands on skills in one or more of the following subject matter areas: IBM Power Servers, Linux, Linux on Power, AIX, Virtualization, Containers, Kubernetes, OpenShift, PowerVM, High Availability Solutions (IBM PowerHA, Open Source HA solutions), Cloud, scripting, devOps and Automation tools
- Has deep technical skills and experience in solutions that support the key focus areas for the team.
- Provide technical expertise for the Client engagements and responsible for designing and deploying the solution.
- Collaborate with the technical consultants across other geos to create new assets
- Conduct technology Sessions / workshops on Focus Areas
- Work on PoCs for clients and other IBM Teams
- Experience developing and documenting server implementation solution using technologies that meet customer business requirements
- Hands-On experience in implementing IBM Power Servers, VIOS and LPARs
- Good experience in installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of AIX, Linux of Power (redhat/SLES/Ubuntu)
- Demonstrable experience in Virtualization Technologies (IBM PowerVM, KVM, RedHat Virtualization (RHV)
- Experience in Containers, Kubernetes, RedHat OpenShift technologies
- Experience in Cloud implementation (Public/Private/Openstack/IBM Cloud Private/PowerVC)
- Experience in shell scripting, automation tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, AIX NIM, KickStart
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in Performance analysis and troubleshooting
- Experience in Server networking (Linux, AIX)
- Experience in SAN, Storage configuration on servers
- Experience in implementing HA technologies (OpenSource HA, IBM PowerHA SystemMirror)
- Experience in server implementation of SAP HANA
- Good Communication Skills both written and Verbal
- Overall experience of more than 5 Years in the AIX/Linux Domain
- Be an innovative thinker who can take any business problem and quickly come up with a way to sketch out architecture block diagrams using IBM and open source technologies.
- Be able to quickly differentiate IBM solution against high-reaching solutions and articulate the IBM value to client teams and clients and help win the deal for IBM.
- Strong executive presence, communications, and business insight skills to advise LOB executives
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience on IBM Power Servers / AIX / Linux Solutions
- Certified on IBM AIX / Redhat Technologies
- Industry experience in Banking /Telecom/ Manufacturing
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to handle change and confirmed time management
- Validated social skills while giving to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company's Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM's global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients' growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top