Post-Doctoral Researcher, Artificial Intelligence
Have you read about our recent announcement on the MIT-IBM Watson AI Lab? Are you interested in shaping the future of AI? The MIT-IBM Watson AI Lab is one of the largest long-term university industry AI collaborations to date. Our Lab is a place where scientists, professors, and students collaborate to drive the frontiers of AI. If you're interested in working with some of the world's most talented researchers to advance AI, we may have an opportunity for you!
We are looking for post-doctoral researchers who are as passionate as we are about Artificial Intelligence (AI), advancing science, and inventing the next generation of intelligent machines.
At IBM Research, we diligently craft a work environment that inspires brilliant and thoughtful work. We have an ambitious AI research agenda, and we are hiring researchers to join our projects in the following areas:
- Machine learning
- Deep learning, reinforcement learning, brain-inspired algorithms, learning to learn, interpretability, optimization, learning with memories , temporal modeling
- Knowledge representation and reasoning (KRR)
- Automated knowledge base construction, symbolic and trainable logic, reusable representations, causal inference , knowledge induction, statistical relational AI
- Natural language processing (NLP)
- L arge-scale knowledge extraction, NL understanding, NL generation, q uestion-answering
- Computer vision and multimedia comprehension
- Novel systems
- Neuromorphic, quantum computing
- Optimization and acceleration of cloud-based AI and machine learning systems
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Expertise and experience in programming in one or more of these languages: Java, Python, C, C++
- Advanced skill level in solving analytical problems using rigorous and quantitative approaches
- Advance d skill level in creating and leveraging AI techniques, such as machine learning, NLP, knowledge induction, machine reasoning
- Experience communicating your research in technical communities, such as publications in NIPS, CVPR, ICML, ICLR, IJCAI, AAAI, KDD, or similar
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- PhD in Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or related technical fields
- Advanced skill level with standard machine learning techniques and frameworks, such as Theano, Tensorflow, Caffe, Torch
- Experience analyzing large scale data from a variety of sources
- Design, validation, and characterization of algorithms and/or systems
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top