Portfolio Marketing Professional
IBM Global Financing (IGF) is seeking a driven Product Marketing Professional to help support and drive the rapid growth of financing with a focus on Cognitive, Cloud, Analytics, Mobile, Social, Security, Watson and IBM channels. In this role, the candidate will be leading enablement and education through the creation of a unique Point of View (POV) and position for IGF grounded in facts and proof points, influence and provide input to build content, assets, education used to articulate the IGF and IBM Business Unit and channels across all Go-to-Market (GTM) and enablement. This role will own brand stewardship for the IGF portfolio and will function as the subject matter expert in specific offerings or segment; messaging and "story telling" skills; communicating our differentiated value in a way that is meaningful and matters to the audience and enables sellers across IBM.
This role will take significant responsibility for driving the messaging and GTM strategy that enables aggressive growth of financing for IBM solutions and IBMs channel organization. This candidate will analyze customer needs, industry trends and competitor strategies to develop demonstrated market understanding, and then create the messaging, content, education and sales guidance required to take new and existing products to market through IBM, IGF. The candidate will also lead education and enablement for product launches and evangelize the product internally and externally. The candidate will lead in the development and delivery of sales enablement materials, represent the company at industry events, present to sellers, sales leaders and clients, and write blog posts focused on product evangelism and thought leadership. The ideal candidate possesses an entrepreneurial mindset; the ability to work independently and apply sound business judgment; demonstrated communications and analytical skills; technical aptitude; and proven marketing experience.
This role will be responsible for the following:
- Develop and enhance the core messaging and positioning of IBM Global Financing
- Create seller and market-facing content for product collateral, demand generation activities, public website, webinars, blog posts, industry events, and other marketing activities
- Develop and deliver sales enablement materials for IBM IGF and IBM sellers and business partners
- Create and execute written plans for the global launch of products and solutions, by guiding and supporting a cross-functional team
- Provide both strategic and tactical guidance to sellers: determine ways to accelerate sales opportunity advancement and closure, and provide guidance on specific sales opportunities
- Support the development of client case studies
- Actively participate in and guide public relations and analyst relations activities
- Research customer needs, industry trends and competitor strategies; produce written recommendations and analyses for GTM activities and product strategy/development
- Act as an IGF spokesperson and present at industry events and in sales, marketing and client meeting
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 10 years of experience in marketing and communications
- At least 5 years of experience in sales enablement
- At least 5 years of experience in content creation including education, presentations, solution briefs, case studies, web,digital and social for different audiences including line of business and c-suite, sales leaders, sellers, and clients
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- At least 10 years of experience in sales enablement
- At least 10 years of experience in content creation including education, presentations, solution briefs, case studies, web,digital and social for different audiences including line of business and c-suite, sales leaders, sellers, and clients
- Previous experience working in a highly matrixed organization
- Previous experience working in a global organization
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top