Portfolio Marketer - IBM Cloud
IBM is focused on transforming business with leading edge cloud and cognitive technologies. IBM Cloud marketing is looking for a start-up minded product marketer to develop a marketing strategy, content, and execution plan to drive demand for IBM Cloud solutions with for our North America field sales and channel partner teams.
As the Portfolio Marketer, you are responsible for the overall portfolio marketing plan, portfolio messaging and positioning, and definition of the target persona and the narrative for the demand generation campaign that supports the portfolio and our strategic partners. You will work across product management, sales enablement, channel, external strategic partners and direct sales organizations to orchestrate the go-to-market plan. You must be self-motivated, must have demonstrated excellent leadership, collaboration and business acumen, and must have a broad understanding of marketing and the cloud industry overall.
There may be some light travel involved for this role (less than 10%).
- Collaborate with development, product management, sales, analysts and users to develop a thorough understanding of customer needs and the market.
- Lead the marketing relationship with key stakeholders - including sales, matrix marketing teams and partner channels.
- Understand the competitive landscape of cloud, data and analytic offerings.
- Develop and own the marketing business plan.
- Understand the campaign value prop, buying group, customer journey and relevant assets.
- Understand and utilize pipeline and marketing data to ensure targets and objectives are being met; Forecast, measure, analyze and report on impact of programs.
Must have the ability to work in the US without current/future need for IBM sponsorship.
Do work that matters.
Discover your true potential.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as Marketing, Business Admin, Computer Science or solid knowledge of the cloud industry
• At least 3+ years of experience in portfolio or product marketing of enterprise software and for technology offerings
• Experience driving awareness through multiple owned, earned, and paid channels
• Ability to interface effectively with sales leadership and business executives on relevant plans and programs
• Ability to drive process in a complex global organization
• Very strong written communication and presentation skills
• Team collaboration - Must enjoy collaborating with a team and both leading and participating in projects
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top