PLM Application Architect
"IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is the world's largest consulting services organization. GBS provides clients with business transformation and industry expertise, and the ability to translate that expertise into integrated, responsive, innovative business solutions. GBS provides consulting services across multiple industries and covers the whole process chain from strategy consulting through to the construction, implementation and operation of technical and commercial solutions."
Become part of the growing IBM PLM team. A team focused on implementing technology to support the design and manufacture of the next generation of products, building or assets in the market place. Help support the development of the next generation of connected or autonomous vehicles and bring about rapid digital transformation within a challenging client market place.
The successful candidate will help shape the direction of the PLM practice and lead teams of people in implementing technology to solve our client's challenges. They will be offered all the training and support required to help them grow and become a future leader in a very positive and uplifting place to work.
As a PLM Application Architect you will design applications which may run on multiple platforms and may be composed of multiple software packages. You will perform critical evaluation and selection of the software and hardware components of the application and prepares for the development of the application by evaluation and selection of development methodologies and tools. You will also be responsible for performance, availability and scalability of the applications, as well as maintaining the functional interface to the application infrastructure.
Key teams you will work with during this role include:
1. Supporting Services Account teams to devise solutions responding to proposals.
2. Liaising with ISV and technical pre-sales staff to support proposals.
3. Work as part of / support Services implementation teams to provide architectural direction and guidance.
4. Design and develop technical solution as part of services engagements with our clients
5. Support Services management teams to develop PLM-based offerings to support market-facing activities.
We are seeking candidates who are keen to work in a project-related environment, where the projects are to define, sell and deliver IT solutions. An interest in applying connectivity (IoT) and analytics/cognitive technologies in conjunction with Industrie 4.0 strategies of IBM would be of interest.
You will welcome working as part of a team in an environment where self-improvement is taken for granted. You must be comfortable with, and presenting to, clients from C-suite down to shop-floor levels. We want candidates who strive to deliver value to clients and be passionate about helping continuously to improve both their and IBM's wider ability to deliver value.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience of at least one of the PLM software products on the market e.g.Teamcenter, Enovia, Windchill, ARAS etc. Ideally with a software vendor background.
- Proven experience of working with the above software products delivering solutions.
- Experience of working within at least one of the following sectors:
- Aerospace & Defense
- Oil & Gas
- Capital Project Management
- Consumer Package Goods.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Deep experience in more than one of the areas named in the 'Required Expertise'
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top