PLM Application Architect
At IBM, we know that transformation drives change, and it is at our core to continuously transform.
Our Business Transformation Consultants help drive large scale change that spans IBM business units and geographies. We are offering a unique opportunity to be a part of driving IBM's ongoing transformation as a company that continuously innovates and leads the market.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are seeking a Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Application Architect to join our growing team. You will help shape the direction of the PLM practice and lead teams of people in implementing technology to support the design and manufacture of the next generation of products, building or assets in the marketplace to solve our client's challenges. You will also help support the development of the next generation of connected or autonomous vehicles and bring about rapid digital transformation within a challenging client market place.
- You will design applications which may run on multiple platforms and may be composed of multiple software packages.
- You will perform critical evaluation and selection of the software and hardware components of the application
- Prepare for application development by the evaluation and selection of development methodologies and tools.
- You will also be responsible for performance, availability and scalability of the applications, as well as maintaining the functional interface to the application infrastructure.
- You will be comfortable with presenting to clients from C-Suite down to shop floor levels.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Demonstrable PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) solution delivery experience, ideally with a software vendor background
- Experience with Teamcenter and other complex PLM systems e.g. Enovia, Windchill, ARAS
- Have experience of working with the above in at least one of the following sectors:
- Aerospace & Defense
- Oil & Gas
- Capital Project Management
- Consumer Package Goods
- Team Leadership experience
- Be able to technically bring the proposed solution to life, understand and consult on the benefits and potential necessity
- Commercial awareness surrounding delivery models and best value to customers
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter business by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top