Placement Scheme - Software Development Roles - Start Summer 2019
Job Description Placement : The best thing - you can make your mark on the business world and focus on the commercial side of IBM.
What you'll do - you'll get involved in virtually every stage of either developing new solutions or supporting and improving existing ones.
Most of our roles are based in IBM Hursley, near Winchester, the largest software lab in Europe. We do have 1-2 roles in our other software labs in Bristol, Southbank, Manchester, Cambridge and Milton Keynes but the majority of our roles will be based in Hursley.
What we look for:
- You should be interested in taking a year out as part of your degree and to be on target for at least a 2:1 in your honours degree.
- You must also be in your penultimate year of study and be authorised to work in the UK for the whole placement.
- Whilst you don't need a specific degree background to apply, you do need to be enthusiastic, with plenty of energy and passion for the areas of our business that you're applying for. Never fear, if you haven't studied business or IT, we're all about the person, not about their background.
- University Placements are for a minimum of 1 year and must form part of your degree - normally prior to the final year of study.
- The 2019 start dates for the University placement are 10 th June 2019 and 8 th July 2019.
You will be required to attend an assessment once you have completed and passed the online application and testing.
These are run at IBM Hursley only and will take place on the following dates.
9 th October
13 th November
27 th November
4 th December
11 th December
12 th February
19 th February
5 th March
12 th March
26 th March
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- You should be interested in taking a year out as part of your degree.
- You must be on target for at least a 2:1 in your honours degree.
- You must also be in your penultimate year of study.
- An interest in technology and how it can change business.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
None, please select 'No' from below.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top