Performance Media Professional Adtech and Infrastructure
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. To lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM is seeking an experienced, dynamic, data-driven individual with expertise in paid media, advertising technology systems, and tag management to join our Corporate Paid Media team. You will demonstrate subject matter advertising technology and data collection expertise within the organization, providing direction and guidance for the existing standards, processes, and tools as well as identification of opportunities to improve and create systems for increased performance and efficiency. You will closely partner with our agency and internal engineering teams to improve our operations, analyze data, and create solutions. You will apply analytics, an Agile mindset, and design thinking to create the next generation of systems, tools, and processes for IBM marketers.
The Corporate Paid Media team is a multi-discipline and operational arm at IBM which ensures that the systems, processes, and tools to plan, execute, track, and optimize paid media buys are done so effectively and according to industry standards and best practices. We combine the expertise and reputation of a longstanding brand with a young, entrepreneurial spirit. We work to create user-centric and streamlined experience across the entire customer journey to business professionals from Chief Executive Officers (CEO's) to frontline software developers. Reliance on face-to-face selling for solutions and offerings is shifting to digital discovery, engagement and delivery, with digital sellers engaging at just the right moments along the buying journey. We are looking for curious, forward thinkers to help transform how we market IBM to the world.
The preferred candidate has knowledge of the Adtech/MarTech landscape, an advanced understanding of media operations, experience working with tag management systems and web data, and can set and meet deadlines for multiple simultaneous projects while maintaining accuracy and efficiency in deliverables. They are responsible for providing enterprise-wide recommendations in improving platform integration, oversight of digital delivery platforms, and providing recommendations in tech, ad operations, and tagging.
They will have hands-on experience with digital media campaign setup, reporting and data flows from the systems that run media campaigns, and an understanding of the underlying technology that powers these systems. In addition, they will have experience with web analytics data collection, an understanding of APIs and databases, and enjoys getting into the weeds of implementation:
- Collaborate with paid media, agency, engineering, and internal marketing teams to create tools and processes that fuel and track our advertising systems
- Analyze, QA, and create solutions for data collection and performance improvements on web pages
- Own the enablement, maintenance, and enhancements of internal standards and systems around web analytics tracking
- Provide the business case and operational logic to engineering teams and be the bridge between business needs and engineering implementation
- Stay ahead of industry and technology trends to stay abreast of the latest opportunities to test new-to-market offerings or pivot internal strategies
- Bring multiple stakeholders together to develop delivery schedules and resource allocation while proactively seeking out and resolving issues that could negatively impact the release/sprint schedule
- Create process documentation and scale global adoption of media processes and workflows
- Use and leverage IBM proprietary systems to monitor and QA data flows
This position is located in IBM offices in either New York City, NY.
Must have the ability to work in the US without current/future need for IBM sponsorship.
Do work that matters.
Discover your true potential.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- 1+ years digital media planning (display, SEM, mobile, etc.) or advertising operations experience
- Experience with digital marketing tools: ad servers, DSPs , search engines, and analytics tools (CoreMetrics/Google Analytics a plus)
- Experience with tag management systems, marketing and advertising pixels, webpage structure and performance, and working in browser DevTools
- Outstanding analytical skills and attention to detail for tracking and reporting
- Experience working collaboratively with marketing colleagues and business leaders at all levels and ability to clearly communicate technical information to non-technical audience
- Experience with B2B/Technology and/or demand driven digital media campaigns
- Expert skills in Excel
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- SQL skills
- experience using Python
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top