IBM Watson Financial Services Solutions aids global top-tier Financial Services clients solve their most complex business and financial risk issues. As a Performance Engineer in the Financial Crimes Insight Solutions you will play a key role within the exciting Financial Crimes Insight Solutions business focusing on financial use cases involving Anti-Money Laundering, Insurance, and Due Diligence. The Financial Crimes Insight development organization is a fast-paced product development team working in an agile environment. Our organization was established in early 2017 with first product GA's in June 2017. We are growing rapidly in 2018 to meet growing customer demand for our analytical products and we are looking for new team members to take our products to the next level.
As a member of the FCI QA Integration team you would work with QA engineers, backend developers, front-end developers, visual designers, and data scientists to develop performance test cases and identify areas to improve the performance of Financial Crimes Insight products.
You will be responsible the performance testing of the products that are part of Financial Crimes Insight. As an Agile team, we are responsible for ensuring that user stories are completed end to end. Performance Engineers will be closely involved with members of multiple teams and in addition to normal testing duties, may be involved in other phases of the development process, including developing automated performance tests, presenting findings to upper management, and working with developers to create stories to improve deficiencies. Having full software lifecycle experience, in addition to automation and continuous integration experience is valuable.
- Provide thorough end-to-end analysis with concrete recommendations to resolve performance and scaling issues.
- Develop performance test automation, data collection, and advanced tooling as necessary leveraging open tools to help drive performance analysis.
- Design and implement appropriate test frameworks and benchmarks for repetitive measurement and analysis of the performance and scalability of our products.
- Report performance test results to Quality Assurance, Customer Support, Development, and Product Management.
- Collaborate with Customer Support and Development Teams to understand/reproduce field issues, and provide leadership and assistance in resolution of issues related to performance.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3-5 years of experience in benchmarking, analyzing and identifying the end-to-end performance issues with system performance optimization tooling.
- 3-5 years of Quality Assurance experience
- 1-3 years Database (MySQL, DB2) experience
- Proficiency with Linux
- Very good spoken and written English skills
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience working with container-based virtualization (kubernetes, docker)
- Experience working with Horton Datawork Platform (HDP)
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of LDAP (SDS, AD)
- Knowledge of Graph (GDB) database
- Experience working in an Agile (Scrum/Kanban) development process and with Agile tools such as Git/Github
- University degree in a Computer Science related discipline
If you don't meet some of these requirements, it's important to show us how curious you are about them, and how eager you are to learn and improve.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top