We are looking to hire Performance Architects within the IBM UK GBS's Cloud Application and Migration Services (CAMS) Service Line. In this position your primary tasks will include:
- Working with Project Management to define the scope of the Performance Activities. Identify major performance risks and develop and manage a risk containment plan.
- Working with Project Management to ensure that all required performance roles are in place, and sufficient project budget allocated, to support the risk containment plan.
- Working with Business Analysis to define the key business processes (key from a performance perspective, i.e. most frequently executed/ most complex/ most business critical) and identify an agreed set of target response times for each (if not explictly stated by the Client).
- Working with Business Analysis to perform task break down for the key business processes, apportioning the overall process response times across the individual tasks.
- Working with Business Analysis to understand business volumetrics for each task (e.g. # users, peak # tasks/ transactions per second, batch profile/ volumetrics, batch window constraints, workload concurrency etc).
- Working with Development to define the I/T processes associated with each of the key business tasks, apportioning the task response times across the individual I/T processes, by component, within the target I/T environment (referred to as the component performance budgets).
- Translating those component budgets into a format that is interpretable by the developers, and communicate those budgets to the individual development teams.
- Working with the designers/ development leads to establish and communicate performance related design/ development/ and coding principles and best practice.
- Leading design for performance activities within the architecture team.
- Establishing processes with the project team to review the key I/T processes from a performance perspective at key project milestones (including any changes affecting those processes):
- Solution Outline.
- Macro Design.
- Micro Design.
- Estimate response times and component resource usage (i.e capacity planning for CPU, Memory, DASD & Network) for each of the key I/T processes.
- Analyse the results of the estimation exercise, and feedback to Development as appropriate - this will be an iterative process, in which the system configuration (H/W &/or S/W) and application is changed and the estimate rerun.
- Define test cases in order to measure I/T process response times and component resource utilisation once stable code is available.
- Work with Performance Test to build the test strategy and to review the individual test cases.
- Analyse the results of test case execution, and feedback to Development as appropriate - again this will be an iterative process, in which the system configuration (H/W &/or S/W) is changed and the test cases rerun.
- Raise and manage performance issues with Development / Project Management as appropriate.
- Regularly communicate performance status to Project Management.
The role requires a mobile worker with the ability to travel within UKI.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Extensive scope definition experience including identification of risks and containment plans.
- Experience of business process documentation.
- Experience of project budget management.
- Experience of leading teams.
- Strong analytics skills.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience of Cloud Based Solutions
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top