Pension Operations and Controls Professional
IBM Retirement Funds is responsible for oversight of IBM's defined benefit (DB) and defined contribution (DC) pension funds, including portfolio management, risk management, investment operations and controls. In the US, primary oversight is of the US DB and DC funds, with combined assets of approximately $100 billion. Support for DB/DC pension funds outside the US is also provided, working closely with pension professionals in the respective geographies.
This role has fiduciary responsibility for oversight, operations and controls of IBM's US defined benefit (DB) and defined contribution (DC) funds as well as analysis and consolidation of Non US DB/DC fund information. Responsibilities include:
- executing and enhancing financial and operational controls of the US DB and DC funds
- developing and implementing new processes and controls related to changes in the regulatory environment (e.g. Dodd Frank, EMIR, MiFID, Fiduciary Rule)
- working with fund personnel on all operational aspects of the funds, including cash movements/reconciliations, investment manager compliance, operational controls, tax and investment related activities
- working with our custodians on fund oversight and controls
- assisting with the US DB/DC fund regulatory filing requirements
- supporting all internal and external audits
- overseeing Sarbanes Oxley reporting
- consolidating and analyzing information across IBM's global pension funds.
A good understanding of investment operations and controls as well as a strong financial/accounting background are required. An understanding of the capital markets, and in particular, fixed income, as well as an understanding of derivatives (exchange traded, cleared and over the counter) are highly preferred.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 7 years experience in investment operations and controls
- At least 5 years experience in global custody
- Strong analytical and organizational skills and attention to detail
- Understanding of investment policies, guidelines and strategies
- Strong communication skills
- Strong MS Word and Excel skills
- Ability to multi-task
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Master's Degree in Accounting/Finance
- Certified in CFA and/or FRM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top