Payroll Subject Matter Expert (Fluent French)
The Budapest HR Delivery Centre professionals are passionate about surpassing the customer service and business objective expectations of their clients. Our teams provide top quality front and back office HR services to an extensive client base across Europe, Middle East and Africa engaging all of its customers with cultural fluency (more than 40 languages are actually spoken in the centre).
The main mission of the Payroll domain is to deliver Payroll services to both internal and external clients. The team in general is responsible for the administration of various inputs received (from HR, employees, management, authorities, client) and to run the payroll to generate payments to employees and third parties in an accurate, timely and well controlled manner, complying with the country specific regulations.
• Calculate and process accurate payments to employees ensuring strict deadlines are met
• Continuously strive to deliver excellence in Customer Service
• Ensure all payments are duly authorized, correct, and technically compliant
• Handle overpayment, underpayment cases
• Manage time and attendance activities (sickness, overtime, maternity/paternity leave etc.)
• Issue documentation for starters and leavers
• Handle salary advance requests
• Answer employee inquiries via e-mail and phone
• Handle and respond to discrepancies and queries relating to payroll
• Cooperate with 3 rd party vendors and the HR team to ensure timely and quality services
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Fluent: English
- Fluent: French
- Experience in using Payroll, HR administration tools/systems, preferred in German payroll
- Excellent numeracy and analytical skills
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel
- Good time management skills and an ability to meet strict deadlines
- Organized, logical and methodical approach
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Ability to maintain high level of technical mastery of the payroll system in place
- Strong communication skills (both via e-mail and phone)
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Ability to cooperate efficiently with team members
- Discretion! Payroll Practitioners handle confidential and highly sensitive information
- Ability to work across boundaries and form productive working relationships with other departments
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
• Experience in using Payroll, HR, or Finance administration tools/systems
• Finance, accounting or HR educational background and or experience.
• International service center experience would be a plus
• Innovative, continuously seeking to improve work processes
• Understanding of ongoing legislative changes which affect payroll
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top